News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

http://googlefeud.com

The one I did best was "Sparkling", but even then I didn't get number 1 and only 4 out of 10.

garbon

I just saw a street that was temporarily closed off so that a horse drawn carriage +motorcade could take what looked like some African dignitaries on a leisurely trip down the street. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2015, 08:12:19 AM
I just saw a street that was temporarily closed off so that a horse drawn carriage +motorcade could take what looked like some African dignitaries on a leisurely trip down the street. :hmm:

Welcome to Willesden Green.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2015, 08:12:19 AM

Maybe that's just how they treat black people over there, what with being so much more racially progressive than the U.S.

garbon

Zanza

The German foreign minister got some printout from his Romanian colleague to celebrate 135 years of diplomatic relations. :frog:

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on March 12, 2015, 01:08:37 PM
The German foreign minister got some printout from his Romanian colleague to celebrate 135 years of diplomatic relations. :frog:

All those West Europeans look alike.

But seriously a lot of those 135 years were not really worth celebrating.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Since Romania is also celebrating 135 years of diplomatic relations with France. I wonder if there is a printout with the French flag overlayd over Germany.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Anyone looking for a job?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/sex-industry/brothel-buster-meet-the-man-who-gets-paid-to-have-sex-with-prostitutes-10103723.html

PRINT A A A
'John' is 60, divorced, and gets paid to have sex with prostitutes. Well, "more often than not it's just a handjob" he says.

He is one of several private investigators being hired in Australia as 'brothel busters', who pose as regular customers in order to unearth illegal sex work.

"I'm pretty sure plenty of fellas would be a bit envious of how I'm earning a bit of pocket money from time to time," he told news.com.au, replying when asked whether it was a good retirement gig: "Oh, most definitely."

His job is necessary because authorities have little power to access premises without a court order, making it difficult to bust the brothels posing as massage parlours that are ubiquitous in New South Wales.

John can provide them with highly graphic detail about the services on offer however, filing reports that can run for up to three pages and include dates, times, people, places, who, what, when, where and how much.

"It's a document that will be used in court, so it has to be pretty detailed and very accurate. It's not something you can waddle off in a couple of minutes," he said.

Anti-sex trafficking campaign on Tinder
More often than not, he claims, the parlours are fronts.

"If you looked hard enough, you might be able to find a massage parlour that doesn't offer sexual services," he said. "In my experience there have only been three premises where I have gone in and not been offered that service some time during the course of the treatment."

John notes that while some offer intercourse which he obligingly accepts, "more often than not it's just a handjob. They just want to get it over and done with and get the next one in."

Lachlan Jarvis, managing director of private investigation firm Lyonswood, is in charge of hiring undercover sex investigators.

"We prefer people who are single, and obviously they have to be willing to undertake sexual activity," he told news.com.au.

"I'm not surprised that some people would say that spending ratepayers' money on the services we provide is outrageous, but they don't understand that we help stop sex trafficking, for example."

John counts himself lucky to have what is a fairly relaxed and flexible job.

"It's not your typical nine-to-five, Monday-to-Friday job," he said. "There are no time constraints, and there's never been a stage where I've felt threatened or worried about my safety."
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

I applaud this man's noble sacrifice to stop the evils of sex trafficking.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

This is under love-sex? What's love got to do with it? :huh:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Apparently there is a Doctor Who museum. And there has been since 1973. It was recently moved to...Cardiff. Maybe because of Torchwood, I don't know.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers