And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2015, 07:22:21 PM
Nothing more exciting than watching a Dell computer being restored to its factory settings.

I may just explode.

Often rather well made kit, as opposed to shite kit like my samsung laptop, the display of which now has a horizontal line, after hardly any use and not every leaving the 'office'.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on February 03, 2015, 07:26:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2015, 07:22:21 PM
Nothing more exciting than watching a Dell computer being restored to its factory settings.

I may just explode.

Often rather well made kit, as opposed to shite kit like my samsung laptop, the display of which now has a horizontal line, after hardly any use and not every leaving the 'office'.  <_<

My Dell lasted 4 years before I had to restore it.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2015, 07:23:38 PM
Israel has bizarre, slightly unsettling political adverts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmac71R5Br8

That's a great commercial.  Too bad he hates blacks.

Malthus

Quote from: frunk on February 03, 2015, 04:55:54 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 03, 2015, 04:47:20 PM
This sounds like the most awesome amusement park *ever*.  :lmfao:

http://weirdnj.com/stories/action-park/

Any of you ever go there?

QuoteRegardless, enough injuries occurred that Action Park eventually bought the town of Vernon new ambulances to keep up with the injury volume.

When you have to buy a town new ambulances, you might have a problem.

QuoteIn 1987, the Herald also spoke with the director of the ER at a nearby hospital, who said five to 10 people were brought there daily from the park.

Yep.

Only six people actually died - it was worth it, to give thousands a real adventure they would remember for a lifetime.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

So there's someone tweeting Thatcher's rise to power. They're currently at the leadership contest against Ted Heath. I liked this little insight into why Heath may have lost:
'Having described the Conservative Party as full of 'shits, bloody shits and fucking shits', Heath is touring the tea rooms for one last time'
Meanwhile Thatcher was taken for lunch by Norman Lamont, to his old employer:
'Lunch at Rothschild's has not gone well for Thatcher. 'Never take me to that red bank again' she tells Lamont.'
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

There's a new Chinese delivery service in my area called Sheng Long:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 04, 2015, 03:16:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2015, 02:39:27 PM

One of the best photoshop threads I've ever seen  :lmfao:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697271

The girl is?
From an old man like Yi this would be acceptable, but not from someone your age. :rolleyes: Go back to Japan and hug your body pillow with Lettow.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2015, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 04, 2015, 03:16:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 04, 2015, 02:39:27 PM

One of the best photoshop threads I've ever seen  :lmfao:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697271

The girl is?
From an old man like Yi this would be acceptable, but not from someone your age. :rolleyes: Go back to Japan and hug your body pillow with Lettow.

Who's the girl?

Razgovory

The forum says I have to pay them money.  Fuck that noise.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2015, 03:45:21 PM

Lol, are they serious?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Maybe Timmy gets a cut for everyone he gets to sign up?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on February 04, 2015, 03:57:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 04, 2015, 03:45:21 PM

Lol, are they serious?
They've always required money, though often they let people browse for free to generate interest.

Hasn't stopped them from being one of the largest and most influential forums out there

7,155 registered users logged in. 190,785 users total.    
3,309,025 total threads. 166,636,769 total posts.

1 Karma Chameleon point