The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on February 03, 2015, 01:49:50 AM
Though those prices aren't so awful
I pay £6 with a £2 tip for my hair cut. They're outrageous :contract: :ultra:

QuoteI told you you would :P
I won't really. As I hate the Greens and the Tories and the Lib Dems and UKIP and my Labour MP, I will probably peruse the independents and the far-left :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 02, 2015, 06:53:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2015, 06:08:41 PM
Reminds me of a sign I once saw that incorporated the two spellings of "Scarborough" and "Scarboro", a (much hated) suburb of Toronto.

Evidently, the sign-maker thought it was a good idea to include both at once - the sign read "Welcome to Scarboro(ugh)".  :lol:

Early in law school, I met a young lady from Queen's Universiy who came from the GTA; inquiring further, I was able to say, "Oh, Scarberia, huh?"  Which could have been received poorly but we became fast friends as a result.

Heh, I had no idea that nick-name was so well known.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2015, 07:49:47 AM
I won't really. As I hate the Greens and the Tories and the Lib Dems and UKIP and my Labour MP, I will probably peruse the independents and the far-left :blush:

Sometimes you just have to vote for the lesser of five evils.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Btw Valmy please tell Texas to stop losing.  They're hurting WVU's RPI.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on February 03, 2015, 10:14:18 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 02, 2015, 06:53:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2015, 06:08:41 PM
Reminds me of a sign I once saw that incorporated the two spellings of "Scarborough" and "Scarboro", a (much hated) suburb of Toronto.

Evidently, the sign-maker thought it was a good idea to include both at once - the sign read "Welcome to Scarboro(ugh)".  :lol:

Early in law school, I met a young lady from Queen's Universiy who came from the GTA; inquiring further, I was able to say, "Oh, Scarberia, huh?"  Which could have been received poorly but we became fast friends as a result.

I think the point is more Capetan Mihali's command of esoterica.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2015, 12:06:48 PM

Barnes' decision to bench any Texas player who had the audacity to shoot a three has finally been noticed.  Teams are just sticking five dudes in the paint and asking his bruisers to shoot and the results are comical.  In desperation Barnes is starting to sit his best defenders trying to find anybody who can shoot a jump shot.  So now the defense is melting down and the offense is still bad.

The Big 12 knows how to handle Barnes.  But even this Texas team should be able to win these next few games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2015, 12:09:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2015, 12:06:48 PM

Barnes' decision to bench any Texas player who had the audacity to shoot a three has finally been noticed.  Teams are just sticking five dudes in the paint and asking his bruisers to shoot and the results are comical.  In desperation Barnes is starting to sit his best defenders trying to find anybody who can shoot a jump shot.  So now the defense is melting down and the offense is still bad.

The Big 12 knows how to handle Barnes.  But even this Texas team should be able to win these next few games.

He picked a great time to start benching the goons :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Jacob on February 03, 2015, 12:09:03 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 03, 2015, 10:14:18 AM

I think the point is more Capetan Mihali's command of esoterica.

:blush:  Well, I'm no master and commander of Canadian esoterica, so it must be fairly well-known... but I guess most Americans don't really know the constituent areas of Greater Toronto, so I suppose it was a bit on the "nerdy showoff" side.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jacob

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 03, 2015, 12:18:04 PM
:blush:  Well, I'm no master and commander of Canadian esoterica, so it must be fairly well-known... but I guess most Americans don't really know the constituent areas of Greater Toronto, so I suppose it was a bit on the "nerdy showoff" side.

I think that display deserves at least a temporary command of your own.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 03, 2015, 07:49:47 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 03, 2015, 01:49:50 AM
Though those prices aren't so awful
I pay £6 with a £2 tip for my hair cut. They're outrageous :contract: :ultra:

That's cheaper than my small town northern place, they're up to £8 now.
Tipping is of course outrageous.
So the same price I guess.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

This sounds like the most awesome amusement park *ever*.  :lmfao:

http://weirdnj.com/stories/action-park/

Any of you ever go there?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

frunk

Quote from: Malthus on February 03, 2015, 04:47:20 PM

QuoteRegardless, enough injuries occurred that Action Park eventually bought the town of Vernon new ambulances to keep up with the injury volume.

When you have to buy a town new ambulances, you might have a problem.

QuoteIn 1987, the Herald also spoke with the director of the ER at a nearby hospital, who said five to 10 people were brought there daily from the park.

Yep.

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on February 03, 2015, 04:47:20 PM

:lol:

Awesome.

Someone should make a Caddyshackesque comedy/rights of passage film based on it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Nothing more exciting than watching a Dell computer being restored to its factory settings.

I may just explode.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Israel has bizarre, slightly unsettling political adverts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmac71R5Br8
Let's bomb Russia!