News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I just never thought I'd see Lenny Kravitz singing a Katy Perry song.  :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on February 02, 2015, 01:35:14 PM

Lenny's kissed LOTS of girls.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 02, 2015, 12:31:56 PM
Any of guys played Trivia Crack on mobile?

I was having a fun first week but now no one wants to accept my challenge anymore. I understand their pain, they get to play once or twice before I win.

No, I hadn't heard of it. I might have to make my family play.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 02, 2015, 02:29:12 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 02, 2015, 01:35:14 PM

Lenny's kissed LOTS of girls.

Yeah, Kravitz singing the song changed the context a bit. If he sang "California Gurls" or "Roar" he would probably have to turn in his man card.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on February 02, 2015, 02:58:27 PM
Yeah, Kravitz singing the song changed the context a bit. If he sang "California Gurls" or "Roar" he would probably have to turn in his man card.

He hopes his boyfriend don't mind it?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 02, 2015, 06:02:14 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 31, 2015, 11:09:13 AM
A sentiment my Spanish friends often share:

:lol:

Reminds me of a sign I once saw that incorporated the two spellings of "Scarborough" and "Scarboro", a (much hated) suburb of Toronto.

Evidently, the sign-maker thought it was a good idea to include both at once - the sign read "Welcome to Scarboro(ugh)".  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

That actually sounds appropriate for Scarborough and, from what you've said, Scarboro :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Also I saw a poster in a cafe today for a pop-up barbers in Peckham. With resident DJs. £20 for a haircut. £10 for a beard trim.

I spent the entire time I was there silently seething.

Edit: God I spent all day angry about the Greens and hipsters. I should probably just buy a National Trust membership and vote UKIP :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Malthus on February 02, 2015, 06:08:41 PM
Reminds me of a sign I once saw that incorporated the two spellings of "Scarborough" and "Scarboro", a (much hated) suburb of Toronto.

Evidently, the sign-maker thought it was a good idea to include both at once - the sign read "Welcome to Scarboro(ugh)".  :lol:

Early in law school, I met a young lady from Queen's Universiy who came from the GTA; inquiring further, I was able to say, "Oh, Scarberia, huh?"  Which could have been received poorly but we became fast friends as a result.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 02, 2015, 06:28:20 PM
Also I saw a poster in a cafe today for a pop-up barbers in Peckham. With resident DJs. £20 for a haircut. £10 for a beard trim.

Edit: God I spent all day angry about the Greens and hipsters. I should probably just buy a National Trust membership and vote UKIP :weep:

Maybe you should go get a haircut.  :)

Josquius

Scarborough is awesome. Some of the best weeks of my childhood were spent there.
The british one that is

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 02, 2015, 06:28:20 PM

A DJ in a hairdressers? :blink:
Though those prices aren't so awful
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on February 03, 2015, 01:49:50 AM
Scarborough is awesome. Some of the best weeks of my childhood were spent there.

Were you going to the fair?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.