News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 11:31:47 AM
So you are allowed to "put your dick into anybody you can't fucking mail a letter to." but only as long as you only do it on one occurrence per person? Once you hit occurrence two, that is verboten?

Don't those rules strike you as a bit finicky?

CdM is as finicky as a fine lace doily made out of brass and brushed steel.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2014, 11:52:37 AM
So you are allowed to "put your dick into anybody you can't fucking mail a letter to." but only as long as you only do it on one occurrence per person? Once you hit occurrence two, that is verboten?

You know, I'm just going to start posting in David Foster Wallace style, complete with footnotes1, as apparently every post has to be grumblered2.

1the kind of footnotes he didn't think he would need, not unlike that first year law school student's paper he once found as he took shelter from the rain at the bus stop, where the ink from the red pen had run like so much ironic uterine blood across the issue of standing in Poe v Ullman.

2grumblered, in such a way that each and every post must be specifically relevant and related to each previous post, as to survive the strongest scrutiny of academic peer review in next quarter's American Journal of Assburgers

:lol:

I wish you'd do this with all your posts. Excellent work :cheers:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2014, 11:53:00 AM
CdM is as finicky as a fine lace doily made out of brass and brushed steel.

Sounds steampunk.  Bleech.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2014, 11:52:37 AM

You know, I'm just going to start posting in David Foster Wallace style, complete with footnotes1, as apparently every post has to be grumblered2.

1the kind of footnotes he didn't think he would need, not unlike that first year law school student's paper he once found as he took shelter from the rain at the bus stop, where the ink from the red pen had run like so much ironic uterine blood across the issue of standing in Poe v Ullman.

2grumblered, in such a way that each and every post must be specifically relevant and related to each previous post, as to survive the strongest scrutiny of academic peer review in next quarter's American Journal of Assburgers

Shouldn't have called me patient zero. :blurgh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2014, 11:53:48 AM
:lol:

I wish you'd do this with all your posts. Excellent work :cheers:

But my Profanity-Laced Languish FlashFic Generator is so much faster. 

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

I thought it was funny and in-your-face.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

AIDS in your face? hahahaha? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

I assumed he meant a generic STD, not necessarily AIDS.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on December 12, 2014, 01:30:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

I assumed he meant a generic STD, not necessarily AIDS.

A miniseries about a generic STD? True Life: I Have Herpes

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

I actually feel worse for people with herpes, in a way.

You get AIDS, people treat it like you.got burned saving a kid from.a fire. No sex, please, but here's a shiny ribbon.

Herpes? You disgusting whore, you have a disease that's annoying, into the fucking showers with you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Plus a fatal disease has finality, a chronic one meana you get to live out your natural span as a leper.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 12, 2014, 01:36:35 PM
I actually feel worse for people with herpes, in a way.

You get AIDS, people treat it like you.got burned saving a kid from.a fire. No sex, please, but here's a shiny ribbon.

Herpes? You disgusting whore, you have a disease that's annoying, into the fucking showers with you.

I don't. One can kill you - the other had the misfortune of becoming an "issue" when pharma companies wanted to make money.

QuoteHerpes simplex was not always stigmatised. It was merely a cold sore in an unusual place until the 1970s. As late as 1975, a study of "Psychological morbidity in a clinic for sexually transmitted disease" does not mention herpes simplex because at that time, no significant morbidity problem (i.e. mental anxiety or illness) was associated with the virus.

Pedro Cuatrecasas states, "during the R&D of acyclovir (Zovirax), marketing [department of Burroughs Wellcome] insisted that there were 'no markets' for this compound. Most had hardly heard of genital herpes..." Thus, marketing the medical condition – separating the 'normal cold sore' from the 'stigmatized genital infection' was to become the key to marketing the drug, a process now known as 'disease mongering'.

That said herpes does raise the risk of HIV.