News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'm undecided on what setup I'll want in my apartment.
A kotatsu and floor chair is nice and a change from work but big comfy chairs and desks are better for getting stuff done...
██████
██████
██████

PRC

French Frigate Latouche-Tréville (D646) in some weather:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on September 28, 2014, 06:54:18 AM
The new Conservative Party leader had his boyfriend, the nephew of the President of the Dominican Republic, tag along to the party conference. It was fun seeing awkward looking people all saying it was a perfectly natural thing.
The openly gay UKIP MEP from Scotland is also the most awful man I've ever seen on TV. He united everyone against him by a torrent of insults on the referendum show. Apparently at the UKIP conference he was going around calling the leader of the Scottish Tories 'the fat lesbian' and the leader of Scottish Labour 'an old fishwife'.

Such an unpleasant man :bleeding: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 29, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
Quote from: Liep on September 28, 2014, 06:54:18 AM
The new Conservative Party leader had his boyfriend, the nephew of the President of the Dominican Republic, tag along to the party conference. It was fun seeing awkward looking people all saying it was a perfectly natural thing.
The openly gay UKIP MEP from Scotland is also the most awful man I've ever seen on TV. He united everyone against him by a torrent of insults on the referendum show. Apparently at the UKIP conference he was going around calling the leader of the Scottish Tories 'the fat lesbian' and the leader of Scottish Labour 'an old fishwife'.

Such an unpleasant man :bleeding: :ph34r:

Yeah, that was my reaction, he oozed it from every pore.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Just thought I'd share a really cool article from my hometown local paper.  :)

Exec summary:  Exploration of ice caves at the summit of Mount Rainier that are created by the volcanic activity underneath.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024638286_rainiercavesxml.html

(If you get crap about registration, going incognito in Chrome kicks it away)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

The 19th floor of our office building is often booked for events or larger meetings by outside parties.  A sign in the lobby will say  who they are. Today: World Institute for Nuclear Security - Understanding and Mitigating the Insider Threat
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2014, 08:57:48 PM

Is this restricted to those crafts you can make with hair taken from a live cat?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on September 30, 2014, 10:47:21 AM
The 19th floor of our office building is often booked for events or larger meetings by outside parties.  A sign in the lobby will say  who they are. Today: World Institute for Nuclear Security - Understanding and Mitigating the Insider Threat

In short, 'Restrain the Brain'?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on September 30, 2014, 01:32:53 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 30, 2014, 10:47:21 AM

In short, 'Restrain the Brain'?  :hmm:

It has been done.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.