News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Zanza on September 26, 2014, 01:22:36 AM
My employer pays a 300 Euro bonus if you don't miss a single day for sickness during the year. They reduce it by 50 Euro per day that you are missing. I wonder if that leads to sick people coming into the office.

That leads to showingupism, that's very stupid.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2014, 10:47:42 PM
Posted on Salon.com, an excerpt from the upcoming bio on Phil Hartman

QuotePhil Hartman's final night: The tragic death of a "Saturday Night Live" genius
Exclusive: The shocking minute-by-minute account of the comedian's death at the hands of his wife, Brynn

Mike Thomas

May 28, 1998—early morning

According to police, the most likely scenario for what then transpired is this: sometime in the next couple of hours, as Phil sleeps with his bent right leg exposed atop the sheet and cover and his left arm extended straight out beneath him, Brynn enters the master bathroom suite. There, on a closet shelf, is the metal lockbox in which she and Phil keep their firearms and gun supplies. Extracting his Smith & Wesson .38, she returns to where her husband lies. From her side of the bed, she takes aim and fires the first shot. A second and a third follow. One strikes the right side of Phil's neck, just lateral to his chin. Another enters through his posterior right forearm, exits out the anterior, and re-enters his right lower chest. Both are fired from no more than eighteen inches away, the latter causing a fatal wound. The most damaging shot, also fatal, is fired at point-blank or nearly point-blank range and enters just above the bridge of Phil's nose, passing through his skull and brain before it comes to rest. Death is quick, perhaps instantaneous. Incongruously, he seems to be smiling, as if in the middle of a sweet dream.

http://www.salon.com/2014/09/21/phil_hartmans_final_night_the_tragic_death_of_a_saturday_night_live_genius/

Good morning to you too.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 25, 2014, 07:51:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 07:50:17 PM
Isn't British bacon different from American bacon?

Is it like Canadian bacon?

Edit:  Google is telling me that British bacon is big, wider, floppy cuts of meat.

There's a lot of variation in the US.  The bacon I buy from the butcher over at the market is wide and thick.  The bacon they serve for the pre-game meal at Paul Brown Stadium is razor-thin. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I totally missed the Jesus pancake. :)

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Maximus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 26, 2014, 10:20:25 AM
I'm not sure what the rest of the stuff on that plate is.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I think it's a biscuit, not a pancake.

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on September 26, 2014, 11:16:30 AM

There's a couple of lobster tails, but I can't ID the rest either.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I think an omelette, lobster tails, and a sausage patty.

Admiral Yi

I think:

lobster tails, loaded baked potato, steak, and Jesus bread product.  Not sure about the red thing on the right.  Bagel with cranberries?

And is that a cup of tea in the picture.  That makes no fucking sense.

Syt

Better? :P

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

On closer review, that's not tea, that's bacon fat.

Not sure what's in the glass.  Coke?  Wine?

Admiral Yi

Coke with no ice?  Doubt it.

Any guesses on the red pellet thingy?

Barrister

They would appear to be pomegranate seeds.  Not sure what they're on.