News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Jacob on September 16, 2014, 10:50:03 AM
Satanists distribute The Satanic Children's Big Book of Activities in Orange County, CA thanks to Christian precedent: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/bible-pushing-christians-open-the-door-for-satanic-activity-books-in-florida-schools/

For those who are interested, here's a link to the Satanic kids' activity book: http://thesatanictemple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Activity_Book.pdf

jimmy olsen

The 2013 FBI Background check form is significantly worse than the 2011 form. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on September 16, 2014, 09:51:09 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 16, 2014, 10:50:03 AM
Satanists distribute The Satanic Children's Big Book of Activities in Orange County, CA thanks to Christian precedent: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/bible-pushing-christians-open-the-door-for-satanic-activity-books-in-florida-schools/

For those who are interested, here's a link to the Satanic kids' activity book: http://thesatanictemple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Activity_Book.pdf

Just as I thought - lacks hardcore Satanism.  :(

Intended to troll Christian fundies without actually being in any way offensive to anyone else.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

So....trolley is American for tram right?

I wonder though...why on earth are trolley busses called trolley busses? I've just learned their name today. Its weird- trams are trams, but trolley busses aren't tram busses. And they don't strike me as particularly American (very continental actually). hmm...
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I'm more used to street car than trolley.

No clue what a trolley bus is.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2014, 11:55:27 AM
No clue what a trolley bus is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolleybus

Looks like buses in SF where there are actual electrical lines that buses run attached too. I've only ever called those bus though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

That's what Budapest has. There are trams, and there are trolley buses which are, in fact, electric buses running with the overhead thingie.

derspiess

Muddying the waters, we have those stupid buses that are done up to look like trolleys but I guess aren't trolleybuses because they aren't electric.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Those were popular in Soviet Union as well.  As a child, I was always fascinated when one of the sticks slid off the overhang wire, and the trolleybus driver had to get out and reseat it.   :hmm:  I was a very bored child.

derspiess

Speaking of streetcars, it looks like Cincinnati's track is mostly in place, but the system won't be operational for another two years.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Pedrito

First codd of de seasod, dabb.  <_<

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on September 18, 2014, 12:08:48 PM
Those were popular in Soviet Union as well.  As a child, I was always fascinated when one of the sticks slid off the overhang wire, and the trolleybus driver had to get out and reseat it.   :hmm:  I was a very bored child.

I guess paradise can be a little dull.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 18, 2014, 12:08:33 PM
Muddying the waters, we have those stupid buses that are done up to look like trolleys but I guess aren't trolleybuses because they aren't electric.

SF also has streetcars that double function as the subway train as well as a small stretch of old timey trolley car.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Jens Voigt just beat the hour record by more than 1km! :o

:worthy:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk