And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on August 31, 2014, 06:20:11 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 30, 2014, 09:13:01 PM
Great, it's 03:56 and central calls me up and tells me the tracks ahead are flooded and I'm being sent back the other way. Not exactly what I wanted when I was about 20 minutes away from my bed.

Came home two hours later to find the basement flooded as well. Suck a dick, weather.

Yeah that was quite a downpour. Just walked past Tivoli, judging by the trucks outside there must be some biblical stuff happening inside.

citizen k

Josquius

Why their place is better than mine.
That and the filth.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on August 31, 2014, 10:06:25 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 31, 2014, 06:20:11 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 30, 2014, 09:13:01 PM
Great, it's 03:56 and central calls me up and tells me the tracks ahead are flooded and I'm being sent back the other way. Not exactly what I wanted when I was about 20 minutes away from my bed.

Came home two hours later to find the basement flooded as well. Suck a dick, weather.

Yeah that was quite a downpour. Just walked past Tivoli, judging by the trucks outside there must be some biblical stuff happening inside.

The lake inside was flooding and they have some quite expensive stuff in the music hall next to it, so they were trying to save that I guess.

Also, I like my insurance company: "What did you have down there? Mm.. hmm.. okay, price? Yeah, I'll send you the money, bye."
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-29015072

I am not sure... The judge is right of course, you shouldn't take these matters to your own hand, but the guy only wanted his kid's phone back, did not intend to attack until the fucker gauged his eye out.

Now a father of 3, will spend 6 years in prison, because he stabbed back at the guy who stabbed him.

garbon

Since he hunted the guy down, I don't have a problem. Why is father of 3 relevant?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 01, 2014, 08:06:52 AM
Since he hunted the guy down, I don't have a problem. Why is father of 3 relevant?

Not that relevant, true.

Josquius

At first my sympathies were with the guy but reading everything...yeah...he has a history of violence and tracked down the guy via a method the police could easily use. It wasn't like he beat somebody actively mugging him, he went looking for trouble
Though six years is perhaps a bit much.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

It's Europe.  He should've just killed him, and gotten five.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

North Korea allowed CNN to interview the three Americans being held prisoner in Pyong Yang.  Just watched it, can't find a link.

One guy, the younger white guy, came across as a total tool.  He said he went to North Korea intending to break their laws, and is now very upset that the US isn't doing more to get him released.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 01, 2014, 05:34:01 PM
North Korea allowed CNN to interview the three Americans being held prisoner in Pyong Yang.  Just watched it, can't find a link.

One guy, the younger white guy, came across as a total tool.  He said he went to North Korea intending to break their laws, and is now very upset that the US isn't doing more to get him released.
I assume they were free to speak their minds, of course.

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Let's hope the other two get released while he suffers just as he would for doing that in any other country
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Did we run out of cruise missiles, or what?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

He said he went to North Korea intending to break their laws,

:lol:  That's the best the North Koreans could come up with for a script?  No old-fashioned Yankee peedog espionage?