News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Ugh. Itunes. Why the hell has it duplicated a bunch of my tracks.
Thank god i dont have to touch that thing anymore
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Liep on August 28, 2014, 04:29:30 AM
Got a text alert from work: "All drivers look out for [generic description of an Arabic man], he was last seen rushing out of a train after panicking after someone had stumbled into his bag. Shortly before that he was seen reading a book labeled 'Terror'".

I thought it was a bad joke, but when I arrived in the airport terminal there were multiple policemen in full combat gear with machine guns. :hmm:

MILITARIZED POLICE
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2014, 08:42:26 AM
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/08/27/teen-charged-in-rubber-penis-waving-incident/

Bizzare that one could be charged with a criminal offence for that.

Hell, what about all those trucks with rubber testicles?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2014, 08:46:55 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 28, 2014, 04:29:30 AM
Got a text alert from work: "All drivers look out for [generic description of an Arabic man], he was last seen rushing out of a train after panicking after someone had stumbled into his bag. Shortly before that he was seen reading a book labeled 'Terror'".

I thought it was a bad joke, but when I arrived in the airport terminal there were multiple policemen in full combat gear with machine guns. :hmm:

MILITARIZED POLICE

Turns out it was a Danish arab who was studying for an exam on terrorism in the US at the University of Copenhagen, he was reading so he didn't noticed they were arriving at the platform and so he rushed out when he noticed.

He looks very innocent and his "terrorist beard" looks much more hipster like than anything else. Goddamn crazy to start a manhunt with machine guns based on one phone call from an idiot.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Better do a full cavity search just to be safe.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

CountDeMoney

They're not called "Black Widows" because they're Debra Winger fans.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2014, 05:15:00 PM
How did they get the idea that sheriffs wore shirts like that?  :huh:

In the PR-damage-control brainstorming session after the story blew up, is my guess.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on August 28, 2014, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 27, 2014, 05:15:00 PM
How did they get the idea that sheriffs wore shirts like that?  :huh:

In the PR-damage-control brainstorming session after the story blew up, is my guess.

It could be that the shirt sans star was just a normal designed baby shirt (it would look that way) and they added a sheriff star to make it a baby sheriff shirt.

Other possibilities: a) a rogue designer thought it would be funny, or b) they wanted to create a harmless controversy for free publicity.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Fun fact: the best way to drive a skunk out from under your deck where it has been living is: use one of those conservative talk radio stations. Take radio, turn it to one of those all-day talk radio programs, place on deck, play day & night. Skunk will move out in disgust. Music doesn't work, as skunks can get used to music. They can't stand yammering human voices, particularly excited and angry voices. Conservative talk radio is perfect - lots of excited and angry call-ins.

My dad actually used this method and it worked!  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Doesn't that violate the Geneva Conventions?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 29, 2014, 03:11:24 PM
Doesn't that violate the Geneva Conventions?

So does the skunk's use of chemical warfare.  ;)