News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

The wife bought off brand brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts.

I'm gonna beat her with a belt tonight.

:mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Nature's Path Brown Sugar Cinnamon toaster pastries have a tastier flavor, I think, than the Pop Tarts version.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

You know you're old when you no longer fit into your concert t-shirts, and the realization that the only way you will again is going to be attributed to whatever cancer finally catches up with you.   Same goes with those 501s.

Ed Anger

The kids will end up stealing my shirts anyways.

CountDeMoney

Jet City Diapers.

MAH FUTURE

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2014, 08:26:58 PM
You know you're old when you no longer fit into your concert t-shirts, and the realization that the only way you will again is going to be attributed to whatever cancer finally catches up with you.   Same goes with those 501s.

I can't wear anything that I wore to concerts when I was 18-19. I'm not sure I want to weigh 105 pounds again, either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

:D

I wouldn't mind being back down to 180.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

I went in the British Museum on July 4th 2007. They were celebrating our independence day in the cafeteria there and had it decorated with US flags everywhere.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 26, 2014, 01:00:42 AM
I went in the British Museum on July 4th 2007. They were celebrating our independence day in the cafeteria there and had it decorated with US flags everywhere.  :P

Did they serve offensively stereotypical American food?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on August 25, 2014, 08:44:00 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2014, 08:26:58 PM

I can't wear anything that I wore to concerts when I was 18-19. I'm not sure I want to weigh 105 pounds again, either.

Hi, 4-F would-be sailor.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 26, 2014, 01:00:42 AM

Well I was there August 24, 2007. They had a reenactment of the burning of the white house, complete with a midget playing James Madison running away in panicked terror.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

I was there on August 12th 2014. They had an exhibit showing WW1 from the point of view of Germany.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.