And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2014, 02:58:16 PM
Sometimes jokes write themselves.

QuoteA Polish man and woman taking selfies at the cliffs of Cabo Da Roca in Portugal on Saturday fell to their deaths. According to investigators, the couple had been taking photos of themselves when they fell down a cliff and into the Atlantic Ocean, NBC reports. A rescue team recovered their bodies Sunday after having to suspend their search Saturday due to bad weather.

At least they got to write their own obituaries ( =trending on twitter )
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Oh I forgot thingy's birthday a couple of days ago.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

It seems the new owner of the Clippers is...Steve Ballmer.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Tripped on an escalator with my keys in my hand, so that when I braced myself I struck the edge of the step fingernail-first.  I thought I was okay at first but I apparently hit hard enough for blood to start leaking out of my cuticle. :pinch:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

i've become such a resume slut. it's starting to feel like pokemon

Eddie Teach

Quote from: LaCroix on August 13, 2014, 09:30:45 AM

Have the offers not been forthcoming?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

i mean collecting items for my resume :D

Liep

Quote from: Ideologue on August 12, 2014, 07:22:53 PM
Tripped on an escalator with my keys in my hand, so that when I braced myself I struck the edge of the step fingernail-first.  I thought I was okay at first but I apparently hit hard enough for blood to start leaking out of my cuticle. :pinch:

Why did you have your keys in your hand? And how can you trip on an escalator, I was under the impression that Americans never use them as stairs.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2014, 09:50:56 AM

Why did you have your keys in your hand? And how can you trip on an escalator, I was under the impression that Americans never use them as stairs.

That's a bad impression. God damn assholes running up those things.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2014, 09:50:56 AM

And how can you trip on an escalator, I was under the impression that Americans never use them as stairs.

My guess is he was looking at his smart phone.  The funny part is no one else noticed the fall because they were also just looking at their smart phones.

Liep

Smartphone one hand, keys another. Then it'd make sense he'd go down key-hand first to protect the smartphone. So he hit the edge of the step with a clutched hand. I can picture it now.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote(Two bored girls in their 20s approach the [concierge] desk.)

GUEST: Is there anything good to do here?

(Concierge can't believe someone is asking him this. He recalls that just two days ago he was drinking champagne on the beach. He realizes that he has a 12 hour shift ahead of him.)

CONCIERGE: Anything good to do in New York? No.

GUEST: Really?

CONCIERGE: Really.

GUEST: Ok. Thanks.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Video of rock climbers visiting some random place in Russia and being shocked by what they found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCyM84HCcA

The essence of the Russian people.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on August 13, 2014, 09:30:45 AM

Any advice on how to become a resume slut?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Volunteer for bullshit that enhances your resume--possibly--without being in any sense personally, intrinsically worthwhile.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)