And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2014, 09:24:06 PM
STARE INTO MY UNSHAVEN PIT OF DESPAIR

Kind of loses its edge when you're shouting it from the Penneys parking lot at the Mall at Fairfield Commons.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 10, 2014, 09:37:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2014, 09:24:06 PM
STARE INTO MY UNSHAVEN PIT OF DESPAIR

Kind of loses its edge when you're shouting it from the Penneys parking lot at the Mall at Fairfield Commons.

Somebody followed me.   :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: LaCroix on August 10, 2014, 02:58:08 PM
Quote from: Jaron on August 10, 2014, 03:05:16 AM
Tony Stewart (race car driver) KILLS a driver who stupidly gets out of his car and stands in the middle of the race track pointing at people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJdBd0437U

:lol:
:huh: WTF is wrong with you?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Erstwhile.
That is a word I have to use more.
██████
██████
██████

LaCroix

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2014, 09:49:49 PM:huh: WTF is wrong with you?

different sort of laughter, not in a "that was a funny scene" sense

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

more: "ahaha, holy shit"

garbon

Did we have a thread about the Australian couple that left one of their newborns with  their Thai surrogate because it had Down's syndrome? One of the few stories The Times reported on daily while I was abroad. I loved the eventual reveal that the husband is a convicted pedophile on something like 20 counts...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2014, 10:48:08 PM
Did we have a thread about the Australian couple that left one of their newborns with  their Thai surrogate because it had Down's syndrome? One of the few stories The Times reported on daily while I was abroad. I loved the eventual reveal that the husband is a convicted pedophile on something like 20 counts...

I thought the reveal was that they had wanted to take the kid home but the Thai surrogate had refused to let them have him.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

That's what they are now saying. Seems convenient a felon and his wife to have only secured the baby without problems.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

http://brandirectory.com/league_tables/table/top-50-football-club-brands-2014

The most valuable brands in football.
Curious.
Munich on top?
I'd have pegged that as Barcelona for sure. Its rare you see a kid in a Bayern shirt.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I think they're huge in Africa and Asia, more so than the Spanish or English teams, thanks to Bundesliga coverage in those markets.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

IIRC Bayern also has lots of corporate deals with many big German companies which are part of its shareholders.

CountDeMoney

Sometimes jokes write themselves.

QuoteA Polish man and woman taking selfies at the cliffs of Cabo Da Roca in Portugal on Saturday fell to their deaths. According to investigators, the couple had been taking photos of themselves when they fell down a cliff and into the Atlantic Ocean, NBC reports. A rescue team recovered their bodies Sunday after having to suspend their search Saturday due to bad weather.