News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Oh, I didn't get what you meant by 'profile'.  Still, he may have written the profile himself. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on July 21, 2014, 11:00:57 AM
Hey, I'll bet $5 that in a year this woman is doing doc review. :P

Deal.

Read in The Economist recently that there are now 100 million Chinese living in Africa.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2014, 06:08:23 PM

Deal.

Read in The Economist recently that there are now 100 million Chinese living in Africa.

10 million maybe... :yeahright:

100 million, no fucking way.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

So, every time I go to sleep around 10p.m. I wake up at 2a.m.  Like clockwork.  It doesn't matter if I got four hours of sleep the night before; it doesn't matter if I've been up for 18 hours (or more).  What is with this insomnia lately?  I thought it was readjusting to work hours after a long period of waking whenever I felt like it, but I've been back for almost a month.  I have a suspicion it's purely that I've been coming it at 9a.m. (or, um, thereabouts) in compliance with new fake dictates from our HR boss, and that this is so alien to me that my body can't handle it.

It was never an issue when I had a physical job.  I'd often have to get up even earlier, but I'd always sleep a solid eight or more when I hit the hay.  I wish it paid $___ an hour to wait tables.  Maybe I should move to Seattle. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on July 21, 2014, 12:12:11 PM

That probably depends on how her partner's career goes, and whether their relationship lasts.

Yeah, she's a real feminist icon, ain't she?
Kinemalogue

Josquius

I'm in Fukuoka today. God this town shits all over tokyo. Has everything you need but on a far more human and walkable scale where people don't have to stress over last trains.
It'd signature dish is pork bone ramen which is just gorgeous. Perhaps as a result of all this meat it's women are also the best looking in japan. People are so friendly too. And there are less of the annoying sorts of foreigner around.
Regrets. I has them.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on July 22, 2014, 03:33:22 AM
So, every time I go to sleep around 10p.m. I wake up at 2a.m.  Like clockwork.  It doesn't matter if I got four hours of sleep the night before; it doesn't matter if I've been up for 18 hours (or more).  What is with this insomnia lately?  I thought it was readjusting to work hours after a long period of waking whenever I felt like it, but I've been back for almost a month.  I have a suspicion it's purely that I've been coming it at 9a.m. (or, um, thereabouts) in compliance with new fake dictates from our HR boss, and that this is so alien to me that my body can't handle it.

It was never an issue when I had a physical job.  I'd often have to get up even earlier, but I'd always sleep a solid eight or more when I hit the hay.  I wish it paid $___ an hour to wait tables.  Maybe I should move to Seattle. <_<

Wouldn't you be sleepless there too?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Lettow77

Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2014, 04:20:00 AM
I'm in Fukuoka today. God this town shits all over tokyo.

:yes:

I'm not a huge fan of the local Ramen, but Fukuoka is indeed a delightful city. The shopping arcades of Nishijin are peaceful, and there is a surprising cosmopolitan pleasantness in the Yakuin area. Tenjin still feels a bit too "large" to me although I have very little tolerance for urban living, and Hakata has seediness, if for some reason you desired that. (Tenjin can also be seedy, owing to the prementioned urban living, and Nakasu casts away pretensions to just be a den of glittering sin)

Mind you, Fukuoka's real charm is its pleasant local tea and some of the excellent shops that sell it, in addition to the more relaxed nature of the people.

The Fukuoka Japanese is somewhat irascible though; while they are more friendly than seen in Kanto, there is a charming combatativeness that can be found, and street biker gangs kick  up all sorts of noise well past midnight with fair regularity.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

mongers

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 22, 2014, 05:12:12 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2014, 04:20:00 AM
I'm in Fukuoka today. God this town shits all over tokyo.

:yes:

I'm not a huge fan of the local Ramen, but Fukuoka is indeed a delightful city. The shopping arcades of Nishijin are peaceful, and there is a surprising cosmopolitan pleasantness in the Yakuin area. Tenjin still feels a bit too "large" to me although I have very little tolerance for urban living, and Hakata has seediness, if for some reason you desired that. (Tenjin can also be seedy, owing to the prementioned urban living, and Nakasu casts away pretensions to just be a den of glittering sin)

Mind you, Fukuoka's real charm is its pleasant local tea and some of the excellent shops that sell it, in addition to the more relaxed nature of the people.

The Fukuoka Japanese is somewhat irascible though; while they are more friendly than seen in Kanto, there is a charming combatativeness that can be found, and street biker gangs kick  up all sorts of noise well past midnight with fair regularity.

Hello Lettow,

Sounds lovely, have you and Tyr met up yet?

How are you doing?

I trust married life is going swimmingly.

Lettow77

Married life is a thrill; the lady is of surpassing loveliness and charm, and daily dotes upon me in wonderful outfits and a demurity of demeanor that I had scarce hoped attainable. If there is any trouble in paradise, it is that as a married man I can no longer escape the grave responsibilities of the bedroom, and from time to time find myself compelled to honor her dignity to the best of my abilities.

I have not met with Tyr; he seems both very busy and very gloomy, and I have some reservation that if I met him he might somehow pass the contagion of his disposition into my neverending idyll.

mongers

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 22, 2014, 05:19:04 AM
Married life is a thrill; the lady is of surpassing loveliness and charm, and daily dotes upon me in wonderful outfits and a demurity of demeanor that I had scarce hoped attainable. If there is any trouble in paradise, it is that as a married man I can no longer escape the grave responsibilities of the bedroom, and from time to time find myself compelled to honor her dignity to the best of my abilities.

I have not met with Tyr; he seems both very busy and very gloomy, and I have some reservation that if I met him he might somehow pass the contagion of his disposition into my neverending idyll.

Excellent, best wishes. :cheers:

Caliga

Good to hear from you Lettuce. :)

How do the Japanese feel about your Confederate leanings?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

南北戦争って何?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 22, 2014, 05:19:04 AM
as a married man I can no longer escape the grave responsibilities of the bedroom, and from time to time find myself compelled to honor her dignity to the best of my abilities.

You--and only you--can come to terms with your homosexuality.