Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

frunk

Ideologue

Zero.  The pH is too damn high.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on July 15, 2014, 06:43:27 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 15, 2014, 05:14:51 PM
That's the kind of thing that makes you not want to work so hard to stay healthy. I mean if you can just go from zero to dead in less than a week. I think I'll open a bottle of wine.
What I want to know is: how does one get a pancreas infection?  All of the possible causes are things I need to avoid, like hardcore.

Pancreatitis isn't really all that uncommon. I've known a few people who've gotten it before. Usually, it's from a blocked bile duct. It can also be directly related to diet. It's not a huge leap from pancreatitis to infection.

It sounds like your friend became septic, which is what killed my friend a year or so ago. All it takes is a small infection that isn't treated, or isn't treated correctly. And there are enough bacteria now that antibiotics can't touch that is's all kind of iffy whenever you get an infection.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jaron

Dr. Merithyn, Internet Doctor :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

merithyn

Quote from: Jaron on July 16, 2014, 10:39:20 PM

Yes, knowledge of medical stuff automatically makes everything that I say advice. :mellow:

Don't you have a door to knock on or something, or a mall to cruise for converts?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jaron

Yeouch! Put the claws away, woman. I was just joking with you.  :cry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

I think of Meri as a medicine woman. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on July 16, 2014, 10:45:50 PM
Quote from: Jaron on July 16, 2014, 10:39:20 PM

Yes, knowledge of medical stuff automatically makes everything that I say advice. :mellow:

Don't you have a door to knock on or something, or a mall to cruise for converts?

Maybe he got Malthus' friend to give him a job.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

There's a very sleepy girl sitting opposite me on the train. She just dozed off and her head dropped forward, head butting the window with an almighty bang. Heh.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

SRSLY?  I thought that was just a joke.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brazen