News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2014, 02:23:27 PM
In my experience, it is invariably a very messy process.
:hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Somebody who, when peeing himself, manages to only wet his socks, is a very talented individual.  In my experience, it is invariably a very messy process.

He may have had a spare suit but not spare socks.

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 12:08:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 12:02:20 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 11:44:55 AM
NY is the mecca of discount clothing shopping.  :lol:

So true! :D

OTOH, you can walk down 5th and have a heart attack at the prices for luxury stuff. A purse for $20K?  :wacko:

No trigger warning. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2014, 02:26:20 PM
Somebody who, when peeing himself, manages to only wet his socks, is a very talented individual.  In my experience, it is invariably a very messy process.

Maybe he works in HR, and accidentally stepped in a puddle of pee left in his office by the last guy he helped fire.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on June 13, 2014, 02:28:28 PM

OTOH, you can walk down 5th and have a heart attack at the prices for luxury stuff. A purse for $20K?  :wacko:

Heh, walking down 5th Ave. is enough to turn anyone into a raging commie for a half hour or so.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

GF, buy the cheapest suit you find that's 100% wool.

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 02:29:06 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2014, 02:26:20 PM

Maybe he works in HR, and accidentally stepped in a puddle of pee left in his office by the last guy he helped fire.
That would make sense if he wore sandals.  When I wear sandals, my socks almost always get wet.  Based on Canuck's description, though, he wore regular dress shoes.

Liep

Is that a deliberate bait?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2014, 02:34:06 PM
That would make sense if he wore sandals.  When I wear sandals, my socks almost always get wet. 

Because people piss themselves laughing?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 10:09:13 AM
One day, I need to try a 2k$ suit. I wonder how different it feels.

Awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 02:30:09 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 13, 2014, 02:28:28 PM

Heh, walking down 5th Ave. is enough to turn anyone into a raging commie for a half hour or so.  :P

I think it highlights the advantages of capitalism. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 03:34:31 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 02:30:09 PM

We could split the difference and say it does both.  :D

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 03:34:31 PM

That, if you work hard and have creativity and talent, you to can convince people to buy fashion items for more than an entire annual Middle Class wage?  It does inspire me I admit :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

That, if we concentrate people that would buy such items into one location, we'll only need one bomb?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)