News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 13, 2014, 12:09:21 PM
I kind of have that approach with buying sunglasses, though.  Won't dare buy an expensive pair, as I would lose or break them within a few weeks.

The existence of Mexicans precludes buying expensive sunglasses. Everyone knows that.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 12:15:38 PM
Heh, the normalization of gays in Toronto proceeds apace. Latest example: the Toronto Transit Commission has issued a special Gay Pride Parade family metropass - good for up to two adults and four children.

http://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/Passes/Day_Pass/Pride_Toronto_Special_Event_Pass.jsp

Are you friend with Martinus on Facebook? If yes, do share it there too. It will balance out is Russia's gays are the Jews of Nazi Germany Bullshit articles.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 12:08:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 12:02:20 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 11:44:55 AM
NY is the mecca of discount clothing shopping.  :lol:

So true! :D

OTOH, you can walk down 5th and have a heart attack at the prices for luxury stuff. A purse for $20K?  :wacko:

A land of extremes. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on June 13, 2014, 08:41:56 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 07:53:57 AM
I need to buy a suit.

Any advice? Can't say I've needed to do that since my graduation.

I hear short suit pants are in these days.
So help me God, I will hunt you down.
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 12:20:36 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 12:08:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2014, 12:02:20 PM
Quote from: Malthus on June 13, 2014, 11:44:55 AM
NY is the mecca of discount clothing shopping.  :lol:

So true! :D

OTOH, you can walk down 5th and have a heart attack at the prices for luxury stuff. A purse for $20K?  :wacko:

A land of extremes. :cool:

I was thinking that, out there, there are folks to whom you and I are as Tyr.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 13, 2014, 12:24:42 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 13, 2014, 08:41:56 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 07:53:57 AM
I need to buy a suit.

Any advice? Can't say I've needed to do that since my graduation.

I hear short suit pants are in these days.
So help me God, I will hunt you down.

Wow, short suit pants must *really* be in - they attract people from other countries!

Must get myself a set.  :D

crazy canuck

I saw a guy this morning wearing a suit, dress shoes and no socks.

As he passed by I couldnt help myself, I looked (down on him) right in the eye and said "Really?" as I pointed to his bare ankles.   He was about to say something back, thought better of it and trundled on.

I reflected on the fact I was channelling Sheiblh's intolerance for such things. :D

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Liep

We call that 'Italian socks', luckily it's suitably rare.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on June 13, 2014, 01:53:34 PM
We call that 'Italian socks', luckily it's suitably rare.

Tacky men's fashion coming from Italy?  Shocking.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2014, 01:37:44 PM
I saw a guy this morning wearing a suit, dress shoes and no socks.

As he passed by I couldnt help myself, I looked (down on him) right in the eye and said "Really?" as I pointed to his bare ankles.   He was about to say something back, thought better of it and trundled on.

I reflected on the fact I was channelling Sheiblh's intolerance for such things. :D

He could have just been fired and peed himself in the process. And you tried to shame the man.  :rolleyes:

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Someone who pees themselves when fired is no man, mongers. *shakes head sadly*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Somebody who, when peeing himself, manages to only wet his socks, is a very talented individual.  In my experience, it is invariably a very messy process.