News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Yes, clearly cities should be set up to convenience the people who work in a different city.  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

And why not, the economy's not going to do it.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2014, 03:41:07 PM
It took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to travel 50 miles to get to work today because of Sprawl. 
Fuck you and your Little Boxes.  "Space from each other", my black ass.
You think densely-populated cities have faster commute?  :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 12, 2014, 03:59:51 PM
It took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to travel 50 miles to get to work today because of Sprawl. 
You think densely-populated cities have faster commute?  :huh:

I think he is trying to commute between cities...which would be easier to do if all suburbs were nuked I guess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2014, 11:59:49 AM
I liked your comic Tim.
You are a man of erudition and taste.  :bowler:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

NCIS sends a computer crimes guy to a felony narcotics bust. Fuck pencil neck geek. Fucking awesome.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

2 hours till the weekend then it'll be only 4 weeks left at this job. Unemployment :w00t:
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

In the future, commutes will not exist. We're just waiting for the boomer bosses to die. :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

So, I managed to sell my old fridge for a few thousand yen- yay, I was scared I would have to pay to throw it out.
Oddly enough the mother of the guy buying it (total stranger saw my ad on craig's list) sent a bag full of fancy bread for me. Is it: a trap? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Liep

What makes bread fancy?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

Baked in southern England.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on June 13, 2014, 05:13:34 AM
What makes bread fancy?
Sesame, sugar, croisants, other quasi-cakeness.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I need to buy a suit.

Any advice? Can't say I've needed to do that since my graduation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2014, 07:53:57 AM
I need to buy a suit.

Any advice? Can't say I've needed to do that since my graduation.

What's the occasion?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius