News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 12, 2014, 02:05:39 PM
Humans don't want to live in Little Boxes(R).

Pretty sure many people clamor to live in Manhattan.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbonPretty sure many people clamor to live in Manhattan.

He said "humans."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2014, 02:12:30 PM

He said "humans."

I'm not sure I follow.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Eddie Teach

I've come to the realization that sprawl is actually the solution, not the problem.

Every time some human gets nearly unlimited power to do whatever he wants, what does he do? Versailles, Lake Bled, Berchtesgaden....They make themselves some place to escape from everyone.

People need space from each other in order to be healthy.

The problem is overpopulation. Sprawl gives us space, but that land can no longer be put to other use. Not really feasible in Europe or Asia.

Also, long commutes waste energy. Though this is less a problem when businesses locate themselves in the 'burbs instead of the city center.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

I've come to the realization that sprawl is actually the solution, not the problem.

Every time some human gets nearly unlimited power to do whatever he wants, what does he do? Versailles, Lake Bled, Berchtesgaden....They make themselves some place to escape from everyone.

If Louis XIV built Versailles to escape from people he sure undermined that by having 10,000 people live with him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2014, 02:14:49 PM

He said "humans."

I'm not sure I follow.

I was making fun of city folk.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2014, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2014, 02:14:49 PM

He said "humans."

I'm not sure I follow.

I was making fun of city folk.

But, of course.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

:lol:

I must train my cats to do that. :shifty:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I'm pretty sure it's a high-speed photo of a cat falling backwards. :P
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2014, 02:57:21 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a high-speed photo of a cat falling backwards. :P

:rolleyes:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

It took me 2 hours and 20 minutes to travel 50 miles to get to work today because of Sprawl. 
Fuck you and your Little Boxes.  "Space from each other", my black ass.