And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 04, 2014, 03:29:22 PM
I thought you lived in Jefferson City.

It's not very big.  I'm also somewhat well known.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Actually my family if fairly well known in town.  Except my dad, he once on the front page of the local newspaper.  The caption underneath said "Unknown man sleeping in city hall". 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Any place with more than one public high school is not a small town.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

There is only one public highschool in Jefferson City.

Eddie Teach

Really? Pensacola(50k vs Jefferson City's 40k) has like 6.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 04, 2014, 03:59:34 PM

Allen, TX has 85k and insists on only having one high school.  It's starting to become a hot button issue there.

Valmy

If they have more than one High School it seriously damages their chances of winning the 6A Football State Championship  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Everything has to be big in America.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2014, 04:02:27 PM
If they have more than one High School it seriously damages their chances of winning the 6A Football State Championship  :(

Exactly.  We continue to have one high school because of the football team (which isn't even very good anymore).  They are building a new one, but won't use the old one anymore so to continue having one high school.  Of course we have two middle schools and the Freshman have to use another building half a mile away, but by God we don't divide up our football talent!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Officially, the school board wants to avoid the East/West animosity that developed when Plano split their high school.

Unofficially, fuck yeah.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2014, 04:11:25 PM

Exactly.  We continue to have one high school because of the football team (which isn't even very good anymore).  They are building a new one, but won't use the old one anymore so to continue having one high school.  Of course we have two middle schools and the Freshman have to use another building half a mile away, but by God we don't divide up our football talent!

My township has 6 elementary schools, one middle school, and two high schools.  Not sure why they funnel everyone through the same middle school but then branch off at the next level.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Remember Salisbury, derspiess?  2 junior highs, 3 high schools.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on June 04, 2014, 04:00:47 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 04, 2014, 03:59:34 PM

Allen, TX has 85k and insists on only having one high school.  It's starting to become a hot button issue there.

How many kids do they got enrolled? 5k?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Couldn't they have one school for people who care about American football and one school for people who care about school? It would help them both!
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2014, 10:36:49 PM

Couldn't they have one school for people who care about American football and one school for people who care about school? It would help them both!

In Texas, not caring about football can get you shot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall