Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2014, 10:30:33 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2014, 10:19:55 AM
Spicey only has a passion for fashion.

Only when criticizing others.  I dress very plain.

Yes, you Amish are like that.

sbr

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: HVC on May 27, 2014, 08:53:20 PM
I've got one better for you. HR has some weird plan here to make people where buttons based on how they did on their performance review. Namely on the "cultural values" part. It's like they're kindergarten teachers or something.

:lol:  I think I'd rather be accidentally fired.

Josquius

It's the end of the world.
Apparently edinburghs trams have finally started running. :o
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I'm no fan of the FN. But France even makes pseudo-fascist happenings great :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: citizen k on May 30, 2014, 07:18:24 PM

Most awkward/uncomfortable hug?

The guy has taken a pounding.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Zanza

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 30, 2014, 10:46:57 PM
I'm no fan of the FN. But France even makes pseudo-fascist happenings great :wub:

That looks like a random political speech. What's so special about it?

Syt

I'm pretty sure he means the Jeanne D'Arc imagery. Maybe it's a veiled threat to sell out Marie Le Pen to the English? :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quite the collection of chrome domes at that French rally.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Syt on May 30, 2014, 11:56:35 PM
Slayer's Raining Blood as played on the banjo, because why not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2ucr74YNk&index=2&list=PLjRyh8JaC_eR4NhcqFE8Y5CzgSf4sboev

That's great.  :lol: I liked the ukulele one also. He runs out of available fretboard in some places.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 30, 2014, 08:19:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2014, 07:25:03 PM
Carney likes the band Guided by Voices. Which makes him a shitty human being.

:lol: Dayton Rock City!

Shitty rock city.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

A number of roundabouts seem to be getting built in Atlanta. A common feature seems to be stop signs when entering the roundabout.  :bleeding:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on May 31, 2014, 11:05:57 AM
A number of roundabouts seem to be getting built in Atlanta. A common feature seems to be stop signs when entering the roundabout.  :bleeding:

You think that's a temporary measure until people get used to it maybe? I remember when they built the first couple in Reno people were stopping before entering even with no stop signs, but they more or less figured it out after a bit. If the stops are permanent it pretty much ruins the point.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 31, 2014, 11:13:56 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 31, 2014, 11:05:57 AM

You think that's a temporary measure until people get used to it maybe? I remember when they built the first couple in Reno people were stopping before entering even with no stop signs, but they more or less figured it out after a bit. If the stops are permanent it pretty much ruins the point.

I think they are permanent. These are being built in new developments, not as a part of major roads, and I think they are really there to look trendy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014