News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Sounds like it.  I assume it's inside the oven and not just a burner on the range?

Anyway, are electric ranges common in the UK?  I catch all kinds of shit from Argies & other foreigners for not having a gas stove.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 10:16:28 AM
Do you even cook?

Spicey only has a passion for fashion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2014, 09:54:24 AM
Sounds like it.  I assume it's inside the oven and not just a burner on the range?

Anyway, are electric ranges common in the UK?  I catch all kinds of shit from Argies & other foreigners for not having a gas stove.

Yeah already had it apart, now I know why fan ovens are so popular with manufacturers, cheap and dead easy to make.

Fairly common, possibly 50-50% split electric vs gas users. Though certainly foodies love their gas ranges/argers etc.

Personally I like electric as it's predictable, doesn't seem to produce some much unwanted heat and especially water vapour. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maximus

In a past life I have found such parts at a "used appliance parts store" which was basically a junkyard for discarded appliances to be scavenged. Don't know if it's worth it though.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2014, 10:19:55 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 10:16:28 AM
Do you even cook?

Spicey only has a passion for fashion.

Only when criticizing others.  I dress very plain.

mongers

Quote from: Maximus on May 30, 2014, 10:27:58 AM
In a past life I have found such parts at a "used appliance parts store" which was basically a junkyard for discarded appliances to be scavenged. Don't know if it's worth it though.

Thanks that's a good tip, though I don't think we've got one around here.

Plus the think is over 23 years old, hence not being able to find a part on-line.  :Embarrass:

Buying a replacement isn't an issue, but I just object to scrapping 'white goods' when I know it's a simple repair.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

I hate not having gas <_< :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 10:57:19 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2014, 10:17:00 AM
Me?

Yes.

A little.  I'm usually warming something up or helping my wife with whatever she's making.  I used to like cooking on my own but the wife's criticism of my very basic skills sort of killed that.

About the only time I'm cooking anything on my own initiative it's outside on the grill, inside making chili or pulled pork BBQ, or in the garage brewing a batch of beer (which gets odd looks from my neighbors who probably think I'm cooking meth).

Norgy

If you should make meth, make sure it's blue, mate.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2014, 11:46:35 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 30, 2014, 10:57:19 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2014, 10:17:00 AM
Me?

Yes.

A little.  I'm usually warming something up or helping my wife with whatever she's making.  I used to like cooking on my own but the wife's criticism of my very basic skills sort of killed that.

About the only time I'm cooking anything on my own initiative it's outside on the grill, inside making chili or pulled pork BBQ, or in the garage brewing a batch of beer (which gets odd looks from my neighbors who probably think I'm cooking meth).

Be a nice husband, buy your wife a gas Oven/stovetop.