And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2014, 08:17:19 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 27, 2014, 10:43:55 AM
Her Facebook posts alternate between "OMG I love putting together benefits packets" and "WOO GIRLS NITE" and pics of cupcakes she made.

And yet, she may be one of the happiest, most contented people you know.

She just got divorced. So maybe, maybe not :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Couldn't have been too bad, what with taking pictures of fucking cupcakes.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2014, 08:43:13 PM
Couldn't have been too bad, what with taking pictures of fucking cupcakes.

Solid point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 27, 2014, 09:58:58 AM
To continue the HR discussion:  Fucking HR here sent out a bunch of termination tickets to IMS over the weekend for people who are supposed to still be working here. 

OOPS YOU WERE FIRED ACCIDENTALLY AND YOUR ACCOUNT WAS TOTALLY DEACTIVATED HOPE YOU WEREN'T WORKING ON ANYTHING IMPORTANT!
I've got one better for you. HR has some weird plan here to make people where buttons based on how they did on their performance review. Namely on the "cultural values" part. It's like they're kindergarten teachers or something.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Ooooooo, gold stars and smiley faces
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I guess an HR person and a retarded bum look a lot a like, daddy.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2014, 08:55:29 PM
this place makes me sad.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

Heh, I'd wear one if it got to read "My Review Took Your Bonus Money".

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on May 27, 2014, 08:57:58 PM
this place makes me sad.

Sounds like you are being oppressed.

HVC

Ps I work in a manufacturing plant, so it's gonna go over real well on the shop floor :D

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 27, 2014, 09:00:21 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 27, 2014, 08:57:58 PM
this place makes me sad.

Sounds like you are being oppressed.
maybe I should complain to HR... Oh wait.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 27, 2014, 09:00:07 PM
Heh, I'd wear one if it got to read "My Review Took Your Bonus Money".
reminded me of "pieces of flair" from office space.

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on May 27, 2014, 08:53:20 PM
I've got one better for you. HR has some weird plan here to make people where buttons based on how they did on their performance review. Namely on the "cultural values" part. It's like they're kindergarten teachers or something.

Just having it be on cultural values isn't quite so bad, but wearing buttons to publicize how everyone did on performance reviews seems like a great way to create a riot before lunchtime. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN MIKE GOT A BETTER RATING THAN ME!!!??? MAYBE I'D BE DOING A BETTER AT MY JOB IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO HIS TOO!!!"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Dorsey gets a frownie face.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on May 27, 2014, 08:22:13 PM
QuoteI didn't even know you could buy bus tickets ahead of time.
I thought you just showed up, and if you looked like you made enough mistakes in life, they let you on.

^_^

Rode the bus a couple weekends ago.  Buy ahead of time and it's like half the cost of gas, without having to worry about driving.