The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

A tax on duelling? Insanity.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Who wouldn't wanting to duel with the accompaniment of a brass band?

'Shoot your opponent across the field
show them that Valmy's here
He'll defend his honor
and then go enjoy a beer
Rah Rah Rah'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

I normally refrain from any activity involving brass bands. Except for the occasional book-burning and pogrom.

Admiral Yi

Can't be arsed to hunt down the Trivia thread.

Special question for Squeelus: what was Laventry Beria's ethnicity?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2014, 12:09:15 PM
QuoteYour ideal party is Syriza, a Greek party of the left led by Alexis Tsipras.
:lol:
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2014/may/19/who-should-you-vote-for-in-the-european-elections

QuoteYour ideal party is the Conservative party, a British centre-right party led by David Cameron.

:bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

I got the Spanish People's Party which sounds like a Trotskyite group  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

garbon

I got: People's Party, a Spanish centre-right party led by Mariano Rajoy.

:unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2014, 12:48:01 PM
Can't be arsed to hunt down the Trivia thread.

Special question for Squeelus: what was Laventry Beria's ethnicity?

Part of Stalin's clique of prison-dwellers, rapists and murderers from Georgia, I think.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2014, 12:57:25 PM
My own contribution to the fall of the West.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/us/warning-the-literary-canon-could-make-students-squirm.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0
Christ :bleeding: :weep:

:D

That said - I don't think most of the books I had to read in school were particularly worthwhile (only really changed about starting college). Certainly not Gatsby. :yuk:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Norgy on May 19, 2014, 12:59:39 PM
Part of Stalin's clique of prison-dwellers, rapists and murderers from Georgia, I think.

He was from Georgia, but the article I just read in Harper's mentioned a funky ethnic group that I had never heard of before.