Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2014, 01:06:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2014, 01:00:06 PM
:D

That said - I don't think most of the books I had to read in school were particularly worthwhile (only really changed about starting college). Certainly not Gatsby. :yuk:
Maybe all humanities courses should come with trigger warnings, 'The past: not the present', 'Art: occasionally challenging' :bleeding:

Trigger warning: unemployment.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on May 19, 2014, 03:12:33 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2014, 01:06:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 19, 2014, 01:00:06 PM
:D

That said - I don't think most of the books I had to read in school were particularly worthwhile (only really changed about starting college). Certainly not Gatsby. :yuk:
Maybe all humanities courses should come with trigger warnings, 'The past: not the present', 'Art: occasionally challenging' :bleeding:

Trigger warning: unemployment.

What does your trigger have to do with this? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

The violence inflicted on Humanities degree holders by the Capitalist system?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Come and see the violence inherent in the system!

Sheilbh

I couldn't find one of the UK or by county, but here's London boroughs by the most spoken language (after English):
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Southwark: Home away from home?

Norgy

I notice "Cockney" is a dead language now.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 19, 2014, 03:59:04 PM
Southwark: Home away from home?

It is only fair.  South Spain is London's home away from home.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Just heard on CNN that are hacked pictures of a nude Miss Teen USA floating around on the interweb.  :ph34r:

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2014, 05:28:37 PM
Just heard on CNN that are hacked pictures of a nude Miss Teen USA floating around on the interweb.  :ph34r:

She is quite beautiful. But really CNN, 'sextortion'?, really?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: Norgy on May 19, 2014, 04:01:21 PM
I notice "Cockney" is a dead language now.

Don't worry, after English, it's the most common language here; we can't move* for blinged Range Rovers. <_<

*or park for that matter.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

And there are ten thousand women who voluntarily put their pictures up who look just as good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

But they didn't win shit, so fuck them.