News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Hot water heater has started leaking. It has now been turned off. Cold showers will help me get ready faster each morning.

I unsuccessfully tried to drain the hot water heater. Hopefully it does not rupture and destroy the home of those living below me. But if it does, I hope they enjoy the warm water I send their way.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

I shall baptise the condo below me in the warm waters of my dying water heater.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f6f4d6b4-ca2e-11e3-ac05-00144feabdc0.html?siteedition=uk#axzz31RjW1qCG
This is an outstanding piece of reporting. Worth registering just to get this free article.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on May 11, 2014, 11:15:43 AM
A fat old Viennese guy was berating a foreigner in foul language for not speaking German.
I read this as Vietnamese the first time and was impressed by the level of assimilation!  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Apropos of absolutely nothing, and perhaps something you folks were aware of, but I wasn't:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door_to_Hell

Forty-three years. :blink:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on May 11, 2014, 08:19:32 PM
Apropos of absolutely nothing, and perhaps something you folks were aware of, but I wasn't:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door_to_Hell

Forty-three years. :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire

52 years now!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Please. Buckeyes set our rivers on fire. Beat that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Ah Japanese TV.
Today I'm watching a show called "You ha nani shi ni Nihon he" or why did you come to Japan.
Its basically two hours of a Japanese camera crew hanging around Narita airport and interrogating foreigners about what they're doing in Japan. From small boxes in the corner of the screen a unfunny comedy duo watch and comment.
The foreigners they pick on are grossly unrepresentative of the sort of people who come to Japan. For some reason every show there seem to be several so-so looking european models that they perv on. hmm....
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Funny, I read an article yesterday about 2 Danes that were in that show. They kept following them around as they traveled Japan though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on May 12, 2014, 05:09:55 AM
Funny, I read an article yesterday about 2 Danes that were in that show. They kept following them around as they traveled Japan though.
They do that with some people that seem interesting.
I recall once they followed some weird Norwegians who had a pet chicken and were running around in the snow naked and generally warding Japanese from ever visiting Norway.

edit- are those 2 Danes a pair of teenage guys travelling around for 9 months together?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Yes, those were the ones.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

It did seem a bit so.

They came on just 10 minutes after I first replied. Wow they must be from rich families to be able to travel around for 9 months like that.
██████
██████
██████