News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Of course. Even in liberal Germany sex on the street is frowned upon and you would usually have to pay a fine.  :P

DGuller

What's their delivery radius? :unsure:

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2014, 11:32:38 AM

Unlimited (provided you pay for their delivery).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on April 29, 2014, 11:51:22 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2014, 11:32:38 AM

Unlimited (provided you pay for their delivery).
I see.  I'll relay that to my friend.

Iormlund

Quote from: Caliga on April 28, 2014, 07:12:07 PM
It's neat that there is a city in Mexico called 'Moor killer'. :)

Probably from Spanish patron saint, St. James Moorkiller.

Sheilbh

Tory MP banned from the Commons for six months after he asked questions for cash:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27208966
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

Also, relay to your friend that for the same cost of delivery (and probably less), you can arrive at their location, and sample multiple products. Even better, you can arrive at a location other than Germany that is better known for quality and at a lower price point.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

Quote from: alfred russel on April 29, 2014, 12:01:38 PM
Also, relay to your friend that for the same cost of delivery (and probably less), you can arrive at their location, and sample multiple products. Even better, you can arrive at a location other than Germany that is better known for quality and at a lower price point.  :)
According to claims from organisations that want to prohibit prostitution in Germany, prostitutes in Germany cost as little as 20 Euro. 

Admiral Yi

Who can name the piece of music that inspired the Nokia ring tone?

(Just heard the story on NPR.)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2014, 04:57:05 PM
Who can name the piece of music that inspired the Nokia ring tone?

(Just heard the story on NPR.)

:P

I was listening too so no fair giving it away. The tune always makes me think of Trigger Happy TV skits though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Brazen

Interesting, I never realised this:
QuotePeople working with sensitive information are commonly required to sign a statement to the effect that they agree to abide by the restrictions of the Official Secrets Act. This is popularly referred to as "signing the Official Secrets Act". Signing this has no effect on which actions are legal, as the act is a law, not a contract, and individuals are bound by it whether or not they have signed it. Signing it is intended more as a reminder to the person that they are under such obligations. To this end, it is common to sign this statement both before and after a period of employment that involves access to secrets (e.g. MI5/MI6).

Brazen

QuoteThe Irish Naval Service has taken delivery of a £41m Samuel Beckett-class offshore patrol vessel (OPV) from Babcock's north Devon-based Appledore Shipbuilders.

It is the first of two patrol vessels ordered by the Irish Navy as part of a £81m deal signed in October 2010, with the second, dubbed James Joyce, still under construction.
I love the fact the Irish Navy names its vessels after famously drunken authors :lol:

Maladict

Quote from: Brazen on April 30, 2014, 07:09:32 AM
I love the fact the Irish Navy names its vessels after famously drunken authors :lol:

USS Winston Churchill.  :contract:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Maladict on April 30, 2014, 08:30:15 AM

USS Winston Churchill.  :contract:

OMG, the CO of the Churchill is a chick. I expect it to run aground soon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

QuoteThe Irish Naval Service has taken delivery of a £41m Samuel Beckett-class offshore patrol vessel (OPV) from Babcock's north Devon-based Appledore Shipbuilders.

It is the first of two patrol vessels ordered by the Irish Navy as part of a £81m deal signed in October 2010, with the second, dubbed James Joyce, still under construction.

Will they leave their enemies in their Finnegan's Wake?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."