News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Rumour is she died of an aneurysm.

Hard to believe, I know, but some folks in show business don't actually die from drugs, so it may possibly be true.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on April 07, 2014, 01:51:13 PM

Hard to believe, I know, but some folks in show business don't actually die from drugs, so it may possibly be true.  ;)

Yes, 'sudden' death does happen amongst the healthy young, but typically it's suicide, physical/car accidents and drug issues that are big killers.

I'm guessing older bods, like ourselves are at a significantly greater risk of suddenly dying vs someone in their 20s.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on April 07, 2014, 02:01:22 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 07, 2014, 01:51:13 PM

Yes, 'sudden' death does happen amongst the healthy young, but typically it's suicide, physical/car accidents and drug issues that are big killers.

I'm guessing older bods, like ourselves are at a significantly greater risk of suddenly dying vs someone in their 20s.   :hmm:

Sadly, it's true.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2014, 07:13:19 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2014, 10:36:34 PM
hotels are boring.  And I'm too broke and not far enough away from home to call for prostitutes.

Hey Ed, is Campus Cuties still in operation in Columbus?  Now that was a fun evening.   God bless regional costs of living.

No idea. I never did the prostitutes. Ick.

They're not prostitutes as much as they are OSU students in off-semester work study programs.

Ed Anger

I never hung around Columbus that much when I was younger. It was still an hour's drive in a ratty old AMC Pacer.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

I commuted 40 miles to the campus every day. That was before they cleaned up the south part of campus and the gays moved off to German Village.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Couple of hours work - I'm clean, the floors are clean and the bike has stayed clean, next few evenings/days, the garden and outside of house. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

This is cool (not a pun) - random group of strangers saves a woman's life by giving her literally hours of CPR - in the wilderness, outdoors - after she is nearly frozen to death.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/christine-tink-newman-s-medical-miracle-revived-from-near-death-1.2591379

"Her body was very cold. There were no vital signs. The group of six — a Calgary RCMP officer and his wife, a retired paramedic, a carpenter, an office worker and a German student — got to work."

Sounds like a movie of the week cast.  :lol:

crazy canuck

I liked their answer for why they didnt give up when she remained unresponsive "We just kept telling eachother that she was too young to die."

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on April 07, 2014, 04:24:28 PM
This is cool (not a pun) - random group of strangers saves a woman's life by giving her literally hours of CPR - in the wilderness, outdoors - after she is nearly frozen to death.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/christine-tink-newman-s-medical-miracle-revived-from-near-death-1.2591379

"Her body was very cold. There were no vital signs. The group of six — a Calgary RCMP officer and his wife, a retired paramedic, a carpenter, an office worker and a German student — got to work."

Sounds like a movie of the week cast.  :lol:
I don't know about that, I think that after about 1.5 hours of CPR the movie would start dragging a little.

Admiral Yi

By Canadian film standards that's a killer plot.

Josephus

Peach leaves behind sisters Fifi Trixibelle and Pixie; and younger half-sister, Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof.

:lmfao:

oh rockstars!
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Why were they named after pets?  :huh:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 07, 2014, 06:17:21 PM
Why were they named after pets?  :huh:

Their pets were named Alice, Nancy and Mary.