News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Beenherebefore

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 13, 2014, 04:43:43 PM
Harry 'Snapper' Organs from Q division.

The Piranha Brothers is still among the best sketches made.
The artist formerly known as Norgy

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Beenherebefore

The artist formerly known as Norgy

Ideologue

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 13, 2014, 02:17:09 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 13, 2014, 02:01:26 PM
You faschist need to keep up. Us on the righteous side know who to line up when the Revolution comes.
the human Barbie.

I know who my enemy is.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Queequeg

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 13, 2014, 04:58:04 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2014, 04:51:22 PM
http://www.moscot.com/vintage-eyewear-eisen_531_1.html
Just ordered those glasses, but concerned that I should have ordered
http://www.moscot.com/vintage-eyewear-zev_535_1.html

You'll look like a Gestapo agent.
WW2 was what I was going for.  I looked like I was organizing a coup in a late 50s-60s Latin American country for half a decade, time for a new look.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2014, 06:00:15 PM
WW2 was what I was going for.  I looked like I was organizing a coup in a late 50s-60s Latin American country for half a decade, time for a new look.
If I wore glasses I'd want to look like a Cold Warrior.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Queequeg

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2014, 06:03:27 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on March 13, 2014, 06:00:15 PM
If I wore glasses I'd want to look like a Cold Warrior.
As absurd as this sounds I organize my life in periods by what glasses I was wearing.  I'm not particularly happy at the moment, and as much as I loved the old pair I need a change from what I was wearing. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2014, 08:35:15 AM
Also fairly recently thought there were still two Vietnams.

There were.  And I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy; we fought ourselves. And the enemy was in us.  With Elias fighting with Barnes for what Rhah called the possession of our souls, the children born of two fathers.

So she was sorta right.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2014, 06:36:17 PM
NSFW. The 1970s:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/leonoraepstein/vintage-underwear-ads-that-will-give-you-nightmares

I didn't understand that post. #3 was kinda awful but that was about it. I didn't have any issues with #10 - quite the opposite apart from the face. :blush:

edit: I think when I saw that earlier one user had adroitly noted that the person must just really dislike body hair.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2014, 06:36:17 PM
NSFW. The 1970s:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/leonoraepstein/vintage-underwear-ads-that-will-give-you-nightmares

That's the bad kind of NSFW :(  Though I'm truly glad I did not open it at work.  And good Lord, so much body hair.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Oh no, heaven forbid men don't look like boys? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.