And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Cap'n Crunch annihilates the roof of your mouth.
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: fhdz on October 28, 2013, 08:52:36 AM

True.  But it still stays crunchy in milk.  And tastes awesome.  And their Peanut Butter version isn't as rough.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fhdz on October 28, 2013, 08:52:36 AM

Cap'n Crunch has dried semen in his ass crack in the mornings.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Seedy is a little too vivid when it comes to things like that.

lustindarkness

I have never liked capt crunch. Yuck.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Oh, and Nutella is The Awesome, unless your kids like it a lot and you have to buy a lot of it, that shit is expensive!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 28, 2013, 09:52:20 AM

What, it wasn't seared into your eyeballs when he typed it?

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 28, 2013, 09:56:49 AM
Oh, and Nutella is The Awesome, unless your kids like it a lot and you have to buy a lot of it, that shit is expensive!

Reading the ingredients always puts me off it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

The Carolina Belle won't be out-Cruzed.

QuoteLindsey Graham to block picks over Benghazi
By: Lucy McCalmont
October 28, 2013 10:34 AM EDT

Sen. Lindsey Graham said Monday he will hold up "every appointment" in the Senate until more questions are answered on Benghazi.

"I'm going to block every appointment in the United States Senate until the survivors [of the attack in Benghazi] are being made available to the Congress," Graham said on Fox News's "Fox and Friends." "I'm tired of hearing from people on TV and reading about stuff in books."

Graham (R-S.C.), who also tweeted about wanting to talk to those survivors, said Congress needs to "up its game". He called for a joint select committee and addressed House Republicans on their efforts to continue pressing the administration on Benghazi.

"If we don't have a joint select committee to get out of this stove piping problem, we're never going to get the truth," Graham said.

"To my House colleagues, [Rep.] Darrell Issa has done great job. To Speaker [John] Boehner, please for God's sakes, form a joint committee to get away from this blame game and find out exactly what happened," Graham said.

Graham also said that he thinks information has been classified for "political reasons more than anything else" and that Congress will continue to push this issue.

"We're just beginning on Benghazi," the senator said. "And to the families, we're not going to let this go."

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney responded to questions on Graham's comments during Monday's press briefing and said Republicans were "playing politics" on the issue.

"When it comes to I think the evident politicizing of Benghazi, it is as unfortunate today as it was last year and since then," Carney said.

Carney also added that the Senate needs to move on nominations and that the administration has been cooperative.

"We obviously believe very strongly that the Senate needs to move expeditiously to consider and confirm the many qualified presidential nominees whose nominations are pending," Carney said.

"I think it's unfortunate to hold up any nominee or any nomination process. And when it comes to doing so for this reason, I think I've noted the considerable cooperation that the administration has provided on these issues," Carney said.

Razgovory

I learned today that the word Spitfire was originally Shitfire.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2013, 10:03:57 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 28, 2013, 09:52:20 AM

What, it wasn't seared into your eyeballs when he typed it?
Yeah, my shudder was directed at the memory of Crunch telling us that, not at Seedy. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point