News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

They should at least make them of a sexual nature.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on October 24, 2013, 01:22:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2013, 12:17:59 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2013, 09:51:22 AM

It isn't a complete strawman though in the sense that many people have actually said that / protested the inhumane treatment.

At any rate, sure if you want to discount that assumed reasoning in the joke than sure her response doesn't make any sense.

Long time ago, I had this discussion with a vegan.  I asked that if nobody used animal products then wouldn't there just be billions of animals walking around that people had no desire to feed and couldn't survive on their own.  She said that if those animals would be slaughtered like the rest but be the last of batch of animals slaughtered.  She didn't seem to bothered that this would result in the near extinction of such animals, presumably for the same reason as Larch they are "artificial" in their breeds and numbers.

Do you have her number?

No, I don't know where she is anymore.  I know where her sister is, but that's it. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

It isn't a complete strawman though in the sense that many people have actually said that / protested the inhumane treatment.

At any rate, sure if you want to discount that assumed reasoning in the joke than sure her response doesn't make any sense.

Long time ago, I had this discussion with a vegan.  I asked that if nobody used animal products then wouldn't there just be billions of animals walking around that people had no desire to feed and couldn't survive on their own.  She said that if those animals would be slaughtered like the rest but be the last of batch of animals slaughtered.  She didn't seem to bothered that this would result in the near extinction of such animals, presumably for the same reason as Larch they are "artificial" in their breeds and numbers.

:hmm:

Couldn't it be argued that many/most people are "artificial" in number?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2013, 01:39:11 PM

:hmm:

Couldn't it be argued that many/most people are "artificial" in number?

Yes.  Yes it could. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

I thought my social worker was suppose to come today.   :(

The Brain

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2013, 02:19:51 PM

You have to use more lube.
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Invite them to Languish, that way they'll see you associate with well balanced individuals.  :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

We are here to socially work you.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on October 24, 2013, 03:10:20 PM

Invite them to Languish, that way they'll see you associate with well balanced individuals.  :unsure:

That would... be a mistake.  First off, she's black and we have Seedy, who might be off putting.  I'm not sure I could list all the ways that it could badly in one post.  I really don't want to be locked up in Mid Mo again.

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2013, 03:51:55 PM

That would... be a mistake.  First off, she's black and we have Seedy, who might be off putting.  I'm not sure I could list all the ways that it could badly in one post.  I really don't want to be locked up in Mid Mo again.

I rather suspect the suggestion was made sarcastically.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

fhdz

Quote from: Malthus on October 24, 2013, 03:56:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2013, 03:51:55 PM

I rather suspect the suggestion was made sarcastically.  ;)

:o HERE?
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

I need the French sarcasmometer.