Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Money is the only one who is where he belongs, apparently.  :hmm:

And I suppose BB too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 23, 2013, 11:35:58 PM
Money is the only one who is where he belongs, apparently.  :hmm:

Georgia's nice, I guess. And there aren't enough black people out here. So there's that.
and the horse you rode in on

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I've always pursued my utilitarian philosophy to its logical end, which is, of course, that the extermination of all biological life will soon become morally obligatory.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

OK Paradox. WTF?
QuoteAutumn is here, the season of cuddling up with a warm beverage and a good game, or a good book about one! Paradox Books publishes strategy guides and novels set in the game worlds of Paradox Interactive titles such att Europa Universalis IV, Crusader Kings II, Hearts of Iron III and War of the Roses.

All the released books are now available on iTunes, as well as on Amazon, and the prices have been lowered! Check out http://www.paradoxplaza.com/books for more information about our titles, and like thei facebook page for news on upcoming ones!
The game worlds of EU4, CK2 et al?
You mean....the real world?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Novels? :unsure:

What are they doing? Translating AARs into novel format? Those are going to be some crazy alternate history soap operas.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2013, 12:07:56 AM
Ide!  :mad:

The answer to that diatribe is that the Black Angus breed exists only because of human intervention, and if humans stop finding them useful then it should indeed dissappear. It's the same argument that pro bullfighting activists use over here regarding "fighting bulls", which are also bred on purpose that way.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 24, 2013, 04:23:45 AM
OK Paradox. WTF?
QuoteAutumn is here, the season of cuddling up with a warm beverage and a good game, or a good book about one! Paradox Books publishes strategy guides and novels set in the game worlds of Paradox Interactive titles such att Europa Universalis IV, Crusader Kings II, Hearts of Iron III and War of the Roses.

All the released books are now available on iTunes, as well as on Amazon, and the prices have been lowered! Check out http://www.paradoxplaza.com/books for more information about our titles, and like thei facebook page for news on upcoming ones!
The game worlds of EU4, CK2 et al?
You mean....the real world?

Did you look at them? Most are just strategy guides. CK2 novel is some sort of Saxons vs. Harald & William alternate tic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on October 24, 2013, 07:01:27 AM

The answer to that diatribe is that the Black Angus breed exists only because of human intervention, and if humans stop finding them useful then it should indeed dissappear. It's the same argument that pro bullfighting activists use over here regarding "fighting bulls", which are also bred on purpose that way.

Because it is better to not exist?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2013, 07:22:38 AM

Because it's not a naturally occurring animal, it's a variety that was bred that way by humans. There will still be plenty of cows around.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on October 24, 2013, 07:58:46 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2013, 07:22:38 AM

Because it's not a naturally occurring animal, it's a variety that was bred that way by humans. There will still be plenty of cows around.

That doesn't answer my question though - which seems fair enough to ask when the message that "meat is murder" exists.