News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Guess who is under the arrow

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

That pic did the rounds in Sweden some years ago. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Yeah, that picture has been known for a long time. You're 5 or 6 years late, Tim. :p

In other news, outsourcing gone mad?

QuoteSydney man will pay you to watch Champions League games and engage in Facebook banter on his behalf

AN Australian bloke has put an ad on Gumtree offering to pay someone $150 to watch games of Champions League Football for him. For real. This guy wants to pay people to watch the soccer.

Why? Glad you asked.

"Dino" as he prefers to be known online, is a mad Arsenal fan. He's also a 27-year-old bloke with a job in the legal profession. Each day he starts work around 7 am. He's a super-busy, hard-working guy.

But Champions League matches tend to happen around 4:30 in the morning, and that's not convenient. So Dino wants someone to watch the games for him and pretty much assume his persona on social media.

Or as he puts it, "to post insightful commentary and engage in banter in a private Facebook group of football enthusiasts on my behalf".

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2013, 02:18:09 PM
Quote from: Tamas on October 09, 2013, 07:50:42 AM
How do you call, in English, the silly tourist souvenirs you can buy, like fridge magnets with the town on it and such, and where would I go to find locally relevant ones in the UK? Gift shops?

Lol, looks like everybody back home in Boratstan is getting some Big Ben keychains and "Keep Calm" fridge magnets.  The village will be so proud!
:rolleyes:

So how does the States look like outside of downtown Baltimore? Oh wait, I am asking the wrong person!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 10, 2013, 04:54:02 AM
How do you call, in English, the silly tourist souvenirs you can buy, like fridge magnets with the town on it and such, and where would I go to find locally relevant ones in the UK? Gift shops?

Lol, looks like everybody back home in Boratstan is getting some Big Ben keychains and "Keep Calm" fridge magnets.  The village will be so proud!

So how does the States look like outside of downtown Baltimore? Oh wait, I am asking the wrong person!

That was just stupid.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2013, 07:00:17 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 10, 2013, 04:54:02 AM

That was just stupid.

Yes. I intended to reply in style.  :moon:

garbon

Then you would have tried to be funny. :)

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on October 10, 2013, 04:48:54 AM
Yeah, that picture has been known for a long time. You're 5 or 6 years late, Tim. :p

No shit.  Btw I always wondered if there were more pics of his sis on the far left.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

Late at night, I swoon with fondness for Stannis :wub:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2013, 07:08:19 AM
Then you would have tried to be funny. :)

Not really, no, that would have been against the intention.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 10, 2013, 08:22:52 AM
Quote from: The Larch on October 10, 2013, 04:48:54 AM

No shit.  Btw I always wondered if there were more pics of his sis on the far left.

:unsure:

Who is it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I looked at the properties.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

How we surprised that Bin Laden wasn't always anti-america?

The man himself had said it more than once that it was because the Saudi government accepted American military help.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.