And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2013, 12:08:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2013, 11:52:05 AM
Who cares what white folk preferred to be called?

People filled with goodness and light.

Oh and let me guess, these people are white Europeans?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2013, 12:10:50 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 12:05:43 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2013, 12:00:33 PM
Which US gov't programs are unnecessary?

How the hell would I know? I'm not the President, nor a member of Congress. That's not my job; that's why we pay them.

:huh:

How is that something you can take Warren to task over then? How do you even know there are unnecessary programs if you've no examples of any?

The small amount that I've read about her is primarily about raising taxes and creating more government support. I agree with both of those, to an extent, but I perfer a bit of balance to it with cutting other areas, which I've never heard her mention.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 12:18:35 PM

How the hell would I know? I'm not the President, nor a member of Congress. That's not my job; that's why we pay them.

How is that something you can take Warren to task over then? How do you even know there are unnecessary programs if you've no examples of any?

The small amount that I've read about her is primarily about raising taxes and creating more government support. I agree with both of those, to an extent, but I perfer a bit of balance to it with cutting other areas, which I've never heard her mention.

Ah gotcha. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2013, 12:22:55 PM

OK, Raz.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on October 02, 2013, 12:23:54 PM

OK, Raz.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Raz would have made some attack at this point or continued to press on Meri for examples...whereas I now understand what Meri meant. :)

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2013, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 02, 2013, 12:23:54 PM

OK, Raz.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Raz would have made some attack at this point or continued to press on Meri for examples...whereas I now understand what Meri meant. :)

Your gotcha debate style, 'sall.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

I'll be honest and say that I haven't read all that much about her, so my opinion could easily change if the situation came up. At this point, based on what I know, I don't particularly care for her.

derspiess

:pinch: Ouch.  You could have googled something real quick.

My go-to program to cut is funding for the Cowboy Poetry Festival :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

I feel sort of the same way, but that's why I vote Democrat as a party and not for individual Democrats. -_-

Anyway, I've said before why I think party discipline, especially now, is so much more important than personal stances.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on October 02, 2013, 12:59:56 PM

My go-to is "conventional armed forces," but I guess it's not a very popular cut. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2013, 01:00:49 PM
My go-to is "conventional armed forces," but I guess it's not a very popular cut. -_-

There's probably some room to cut there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on October 02, 2013, 01:03:45 PM

Pay and benefits.

merithyn

I don't find it necessary to pretend to know something that I don't.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 01:04:37 PM

I don't find it necessary to pretend to know something that I don't.

Then why did you say what you said in the first place? :huh:

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2013, 01:04:12 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 02, 2013, 01:03:45 PM

Pay and benefits.

Uh, no.