News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

That is interesting, yeah.  I do believe most of his early converts came from New York and Pennsylvania.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2013, 09:10:11 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 01, 2013, 08:13:15 AM
What you gonna do, try and karate kick me?
I am learning roundhouse kicks now, in fact. :menace:

I know the death punch of death.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Savonarola on October 01, 2013, 09:25:24 AMSo I though it might be because Joseph Smith founded his church in upstate New York. :unsure:

Oh yeah. The golden plates were from a hill just south of Rochester IIRC. I forgot about that.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on September 30, 2013, 11:43:11 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 30, 2013, 11:42:26 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 30, 2013, 11:41:33 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2013, 09:57:34 PM
It's true.  I only understand about half of what Meri says.

You'll understand more when you grow up a little, honey. Bless your heart. :)

LIES!!!!

How the hell would you know? We're still waiting on you to grow up, too!

How much bigger do you want Katmai to get?!  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Just read where Rob Schneider changed his affiliation from Democrat to Republican.  This could have huuuge implications for the 2014 mid-terms :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Israelis actually invented a gun that shoots around corners.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on October 01, 2013, 08:33:41 AM
I just nearly wrote, "One the other hand..." in an article about triple amputees...

Would you please do it anyway?  That would make me so hawt.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on October 01, 2013, 11:54:33 AM
Israelis actually invented a gun that shoots around corners.

I saw this on the Military channel ages ago.

derspiess

Just looks like some mall ninja'ed M9 Beretta with a suppressor, camera, and hinged trigger extension thingie.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 01, 2013, 11:27:21 AM
Just read where Rob Schneider changed his affiliation from Democrat to Republican.  This could have huuuge implications for the 2014 mid-terms :D
This is again one of those situations where one shouldn't confuse state politics with federal politics, deliberately or not.  Democrats are not exception to the rule that political hegemony is bad policy, and California is one of those examples.  It's a shame that these days it seems like the only other alternative is a party that could at the very best be termed as reactionary.

derspiess

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2013, 09:10:11 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 01, 2013, 08:13:15 AM
What you gonna do, try and karate kick me?
I am learning roundhouse kicks now, in fact. :menace:

Road House.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Okay, i did the 140-question survey and oddly came up with something a bit less distinctive.  I'm more Seedy-like, though :mellow:

Most Similar Cities   
1    Baltimore MD    54.5
2    Elizabeth NJ    54.3
3    Newark NJ    54.1
4    Fremont CA    54.0
5    San Jose CA    54.0

Least Similar Cities   
1    Beaumont TX    49.7
2    New Orleans LA    49.7
3    Metairie LA    49.7
4    Jackson MS    49.8
5    Baton Rouge LA    49.8

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on October 01, 2013, 12:15:50 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 01, 2013, 11:27:21 AM
This is again one of those situations where one shouldn't confuse state politics with federal politics, deliberately or not.  Democrats are not exception to the rule that political hegemony is bad policy, and California is one of those examples.  It's a shame that these days it seems like the only other alternative is a party that could at the very best be termed as reactionary.

You are such a Slav.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Was probably the new Languish server.

QuoteA delivery worker from Baltimore was killed in a bizarre accident in Delaware on Monday when a package he was unloading fell and crushed him.
On Tuesday, Delaware State Police identified the man as Melvin E. Johnson Jr., 43.
State Police said the man was unloading a large piece of computer equipment to be delivered to an office building in North Wilmington on Monday at about 11 a.m.
As the man placed the equipment onto a truck lift, he somehow fell to the ground, then the equipment fell on him, crushing him. State police said he was pronounced dead on the scene.
There were no signs of foul play, and more details were unavailable Monday night.