News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

I am ridiculously in love with John Nettles as Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby. :wub:

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2013, 06:26:10 AM
I thought so.  I remembered them being different ingredients in a dish at a restaurant I used to work at.

I can't believe that dumb test thinks I talk like I'm from Jersey.
Yep, that's definitely not correct.

My results are really interesting, because it sees me as someone who speaks with a mixture of Delaware Valley and Kentucky accents... which reflects two of the three places I've lived.  THANK GAWD it doesn't see me as having a New England accent. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

That's a big riot??  How many deaths were there?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

It's also much warmer. Cat should be on fire.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

My tv's on and it's cool.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2013, 11:52:13 AM

You could, you know, read the article.

2 dead.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on September 30, 2013, 10:40:07 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 30, 2013, 02:13:25 AM
Damn, right on.

http://spark.rstudio.com/jkatz/DialectQuiz/

Work computer won't let me check it out. What does it measure?

It just asks some of those questions on how you pronounce things (Mary, merry, marry) and word choices (like drinking fountain v. water fountain v. bubbler, etc.).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on September 30, 2013, 12:00:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2013, 11:52:13 AM

You could, you know, read the article.

2 dead.

I just wanted to hear you say it.  Two deaths = lame riot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2013, 11:49:10 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2013, 06:26:10 AM
I thought so.  I remembered them being different ingredients in a dish at a restaurant I used to work at.

I can't believe that dumb test thinks I talk like I'm from Jersey.
Yep, that's definitely not correct.

My results are really interesting, because it sees me as someone who speaks with a mixture of Delaware Valley and Kentucky accents... which reflects two of the three places I've lived.  THANK GAWD it doesn't see me as having a New England accent. :bleeding:

I believe there was yellow in my New England because I use rotary instead of traffic circle because of where I was when I learned to drive. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I am the anti-Tim.  Thank God.

Most Similar Cities   
1    Akron OH    45.1
2    Lexington KY    45.0
3    Louisville KY    44.8
4    Baltimore MD    43.8
5    Columbus OH    43.6

Least Similar Cities   
1    New Haven CT    29.5
2    Waterbury CT    30.0
3    Hartford CT    30.7
4    Minneapolis MN    30.8
5    Philadelphia PA    32.1

MadImmortalMan

There's a couple on HHI yesterday looking for a place to live in the south of Spain. They were scoping out three bedroom 1000+ square ft places for less than $500 a month.

Ummm please take my money?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 30, 2013, 12:11:46 PM
There's a couple on HHI yesterday looking for a place to live in the south of Spain. They were scoping out three bedroom 1000+ square ft places for less than $500 a month.

Estoy yendo a la Espana.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 30, 2013, 12:11:46 PM

You'd probably pay twice that in Vienna. You're lucky if 500 gets you more than half of that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.