News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Damned 'Coons are back. Rummaging through the garbage.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on September 27, 2013, 01:26:56 AM
Stop eating so much fried chicken and they might stop coming around. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

bloody hell.
The tough stuff of my cycling adventure was done. The second mountain stage complete- some big fun was had going at high speed downhill.
Then, not long into urban Tokyo...I try to go up a curb at too shallow an angle and fall off my bike. A bunch of onlookers come to my aid, which is nice I guess, but after 10 minutes I was fine, then the ambulance and police came.
Hope I don't get charged for this, I'm too poor.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2013, 04:48:41 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 27, 2013, 01:26:56 AM
Stop eating so much fried chicken and they might stop coming around. :)

I saw what you did there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

MOTHERFUCKER!

One of our asshole PMs scheduled a meeting through my lunch hour, which he's done for the FOURTH TIME this month! :ultra:

Meri, take note:  if you want to be a successful PM, it's a good idea to let your subject matter experts eat when they want to. :)

Ed Anger

Take in the stinkiest lunch you can stomach to the meeting.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2013, 06:27:14 AM
One of our asshole PMs scheduled a meeting through my lunch hour, which he's done for the FOURTH TIME this month! :ultra:

You have an assigned lunch hour?  How...hourly wagey.

lustindarkness

So,  just meet at the gas station.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

No, I don't have an 'assigned' lunch hour.  But what I do have are meetings immediately before AND after the 12-1 timeslot.

..and this guy is in Chicago so the stinky lunch trick won't work. :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2013, 07:24:53 AM
No, I don't have an 'assigned' lunch hour.  But what I do have are meetings immediately before AND after the 12-1 timeslot.

..and this guy is in Chicago so the stinky lunch trick won't work. :(

Yeah, they are basically used to eating garbage.  :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2013, 07:24:53 AM

Sounds like somebody needs to get their Sheetz morning Shmuffinz in either before 11 or after 2. :smarty:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on September 27, 2013, 05:13:50 AM
bloody hell.
The tough stuff of my cycling adventure was done. The second mountain stage complete- some big fun was had going at high speed downhill.
Then, not long into urban Tokyo...I try to go up a curb at too shallow an angle and fall off my bike. A bunch of onlookers come to my aid, which is nice I guess, but after 10 minutes I was fine, then the ambulance and police came.
Glad you're ok.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on September 27, 2013, 05:13:50 AM
bloody hell.

Well done, despite the minor issue at the end, I bet in future you'll look back on this mad-cap ill-planned adventure with some pride.   :)

You're certainly a braver sole than me, I wouldn't have done it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2013, 06:27:14 AM
MOTHERFUCKER!

Meri, take note:  if you want to be a successful PM, it's a good idea to let your subject matter experts eat when they want to. :)

:rolleyes:  My "lunch hour" can sometimes be as late as 3:00 or 4:00, or possibly not at all, due to meetings & project deadlines.

If your lunch hour is so precious, block it off on your calendar.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall