And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 20, 2013, 09:36:50 PM
I don't care for whipped cream.

I would have assumed your vanity would protest the empty calories.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Tonight, I heard a man screaming at and possibly hitting a woman in the apartment next to mine, so I called the police. The police told me that she refused to report anything even though they saw that she had been crying. :(

Barrister

Quote from: Phillip V on September 20, 2013, 11:07:36 PM
Tonight, I heard a man screaming at and possibly hitting a woman in the apartment next to mine, so I called the police. The police told me that she refused to report anything even though they saw that she had been crying. :(

Domestic violence is a bitch, isn't it. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

If domestic screaming and crying was a criminal offense, my whole family would have been locked up before I was 8...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

And I'd still be in jail.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 20, 2013, 11:11:16 PM
If domestic screaming and crying was a criminal offense, my whole family would have been locked up before I was 8...

Christ, man.

You have a job to do and I respect you for it. :hug:

But you know what's going on behind those closed doors.

Phillip V

Well the final trigger for my call was the woman crying "you hit me" several times. The man would have an elevated scream and expletive followed by her exclaiming "ow" or other equivalent pain yelp.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Phillip V on September 20, 2013, 11:23:06 PM
Well the final trigger for my call was the woman crying "you hit me" several times. The man would have an elevated scream and expletive followed by her exclaiming "ow" or other equivalent pain yelp.

Well, that's a lot more specific, and quite a bit different, then.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Sure is.  Might not want to have left that out of the story.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Don't worry.  She'll totally dig the make-up sex.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2013, 11:48:51 PM

Don't worry.  She'll totally dig the make-up sex.

Not cool.

CountDeMoney

Eat me.  Domestic violence is a bitch, isn't it.

jimmy olsen

I didn't realize known space was so small  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I've got that book.  It's gorgeous. :)
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Anyway, the goofy (and noncontiguous) boundaries of "limits of explored space" are from some episode TNG.  They didn't just make it up, although whoever did that episode sure did.
Kinemalogue