Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on September 19, 2013, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 05:28:07 PM
Better than being nagged over a coupon.

Oh, I'd have left her ass, too. It's the not supporting his kids thing that bothers me, not his having left Kate.

He's damaged goods. Employers are going to shy away from him and his Ed Hardy shirts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 05:50:23 PM

Oh, I'd have left her ass, too. It's the not supporting his kids thing that bothers me, not his having left Kate.

He's damaged goods. Employers are going to shy away from him and his Ed Hardy shirts.

You're both discussing a reality show, right ?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on September 19, 2013, 05:57:53 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 05:50:23 PM

You're both discussing a reality show, right ?  :hmm:

A member of a cancelled one, yes.

derspiess

So somehow on Youtube I ended up watching the Russian Victory Day parade from 2012.  Russians know how to do a military parade... until you have the spectacle of the Minister of Defense and his chief of staff or whatever standing in open-top limos that are moving around to address different elements of the parade.  Then it gets a bit goofy.

The East Germans did the same thing and it looked ridiculous.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on September 19, 2013, 04:21:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 04:00:49 PM
That is what happens when you marry a cunt.
Back in the day I thought she was kind of hot aside from her idiotic hairstyle.  The last time I saw a pic of her she had a ridiculous fake tan and those fake teeth that are so white they're almost blue.
How can anything be "so white they're almost blue"? :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 19, 2013, 08:43:38 PM
Back in the day I thought she was kind of hot aside from her idiotic hairstyle.  The last time I saw a pic of her she had a ridiculous fake tan and those fake teeth that are so white they're almost blue.

Psst Tim, a word in your shell-like, not all things in this life need to be taken literally.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Pssht, Tim, you of all people should know that one.

:p
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

lustindarkness

I don't have a pic, but I've known people that are so white that you can see their veins, making them look blue thru the skin. These people almost glow in the dark. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 20, 2013, 06:42:49 AM

I don't have a pic, but I've known people that are so white that you can see their veins, making them look blue thru the skin. These people almost glow in the dark. :D

I think they're called "British".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Savonarola

Clown terrorizes town: Boris the Clown Catcher looks to snag creepy clown

The Northampton Clown has been terrorizing a town in Britain but he may have met his match in a volunteer who dubbed himself Boris the Clown Catcher.

By CAROLINE LEE, UPI.com | Blog

Boris the Clown Catcher has stepped up to save the day as Northampton, England residents are terrorized by a clown.

Someone known as the Northampton Clown, is dressing up as a clown and creeping out the residents of Northampton.

A Facebook page has been launched for the clown, where locals can discuss Northhampton Clown sightings and post pictures.

Some have reported that the creepy clown says, "Beep, beep," when it approaches people, a line from the Stephen King miniseries "IT" that features a child-killing clown. Others have said that he knocks on windows and then stands there, silently.

Why the clown is there, and what he or she is doing, has baffled local residents. The clown is dressed in white face paint with drawn-on eyebrows, a curly red wig and ruffled collar, like Pennywise from "IT." Its first appearance was Friday, September 13.

Regardless, "Boris the Clown Catcher," a man wearing a Superman outfit, is patrolling the town

Some residents have said that the clown is part of a publicity stunt for an annual haunted house called Dr. Fright's Night. A man claiming to be the clown commented on the "Spot Northampton Clown's" Facebook page to deny the claims.

"I 'haven't' been knocking on houses and asking to paint window sills," the clown wrote on Monday. "If what i am doing does get too much for people, I will have to stop."

"I'm also 'not' apart of Dr Fright's Night for those interested," the person wrote. "But it seems to be promoting them and others which is great!"

Northhampton Police said that they had received three calls over the weekend related to people dressed as clowns, and issued a warning for people dressed like clowns and acting suspiciously.

So far, there have been no clown-related arrests.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/Blog/2013/09/19/Clown-terrorizes-town-Boris-the-Clown-Catcher-looks-to-snag-creepy-clown/4821379599386/#ixzz2fRnojEnC

First Clown: Cannot you tell that? every fool can tell that: it was the very day that young Hamlet was born; he that is mad, and sent into England.

HAMLET:  Ay, marry, why was he sent into England?

First Clown :  Why, because he was mad: he shall recover his wits there; or, if he do not, it's no great matter there.

HAMLET: Why?

First Clown 'Twill, a not be seen in him there; there the men are as mad as he.

Hamlet Act 5 Scene 1
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Well thats odd.
Is the clown doing anything illegal if he is trying to creep people out?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Doesn't sound like anything illegal from the article.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

And in other odd news:

QuoteOfficials: Miss Uzbekistan a fraud

TASHKENT, Uzbekistan, Sept. 19 (UPI) -- The Uzbekistani government says the Miss World contestant competing as Miss Uzbekistan is nothing but a beautiful liar.

Officials with the Uzbek Culture and Sports Ministry and the national committee on women told Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty that Rakhima Ganieva, 18, who is entered to compete in this month's Miss World competition in Indonesia, was not dubbed Miss Uzbekistan in a July 20 competition as she claims in a video, ABC News reported Thursday.

A representative of the Pro Models modeling agency, which once represented Ganieva, accused her of "choosing to build a career on lies."

"Rakhima Ganieva never passed through any special selection process in Uzbekistan," said Zhavlon Komolov of Pro Models. "If there had been a process to choose a young lady for this competition, I can assure you that a much more beautiful model would have been chosen."

A Miss World spokeswoman released a statement to ABC.

"We get around 100,000 entries a year worldwide," the spokeswoman said. "Some countries hold auditions in order to find their finalists, some countries operate a reality-style program and others use a more traditional system of local heats leading to finals. Many of the competitions are nationally televised."

Ganieva could not be reached for comment.

Well this destroys my faith in the integrity of beauty pageant contestants.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock