And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2013, 09:41:38 AM
Sulu is leading the Chicken Dance :D
He was talking about having to do that on Stern last week.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on September 19, 2013, 09:02:56 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 19, 2013, 04:49:56 AM
Next part of the "Brits are stupid because they don`t do stuff like Hungarians" series is: salami.

WTF your supermarkets are selling German and Italian stuff which although acceptable, would barely register on the low end in Hungarian supermarkets. Y U NO EATING PROPER SALAMI!

Tamas, you really need to be doing an AAR or at the very least a thread, about your experiences of coming to the big city.   :D
Yeah. We don't get enough of that from the Languish expats :(
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on September 19, 2013, 04:49:56 AM
Next part of the "Brits are stupid because they don`t do stuff like Hungarians" series is: salami.

WTF your supermarkets are selling German and Italian stuff which although acceptable, would barely register on the low end in Hungarian supermarkets. Y U NO EATING PROPER SALAMI!

Your rant almost reminds me of a Wisconsin dude (with the full-on accent & everything) who came down here & bitched that our pubs don't serve cheese curds.

But yeah, I sympathize.  It's difficult to find decent salami here as well.  We have to go to an international foods store rather than our nearby Kroger.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

Quote from: Liep on September 19, 2013, 08:23:11 AM
Hmm, seems like they're actually building that bridge to Germany. Lovely.
I thought they wanted to go for a tunnel?

Caliga

Sorry, Panzers wouldn't fit through a tunnel. :(

Caliga

Saw a blurb about that dude Jon Gosselin from Jon and Kate Plus 8.  He's working as a waiter at a place called 'Black Dog Cafe' in some hick town in Pennsylvania.  I looked at it on Google Earth and it looks like a shack. :hmm:

Ed Anger

That is what happens when you marry a cunt.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Can I say "Arse end of nowhere"?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 04:00:49 PM
That is what happens when you marry a cunt.
Back in the day I thought she was kind of hot aside from her idiotic hairstyle.  The last time I saw a pic of her she had a ridiculous fake tan and those fake teeth that are so white they're almost blue.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on September 19, 2013, 03:51:19 PM
Saw a blurb about that dude Jon Gosselin from Jon and Kate Plus 8.  He's working as a waiter at a place called 'Black Dog Cafe' in some hick town in Pennsylvania.  I looked at it on Google Earth and it looks like a shack. :hmm:

Yeah, I read that, too. He's living in a cabin with no internet and no TV, too.

Remarkably, he's also not paying any child support, either. Gee, I wonder why he chose the new lifestyle.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Better than being nagged over a coupon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 05:28:07 PM
Better than being nagged over a coupon.

Oh, I'd have left her ass, too. It's the not supporting his kids thing that bothers me, not his having left Kate.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...