Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: merithyn on September 18, 2013, 10:36:07 PM
:lol:

Lost in Translation

From when I was in Japan, there were definitely some bad translations around...but I have to imagine that by now, this has become enough of a bad internet meme, that many of these engrish's are photoshops.

jimmy olsen

My favorite Korean one was Dong Bang Express bus.

Then there was the CostCo selling Hot dog and cok, and the innumerable bars selling Jack Cok.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

Quote from: Tyr on September 19, 2013, 05:16:18 AM
Oh kharma. Fresh off laughing at the Chinese and their poor English I just got a confused email back from someone I'm trying to buy a fridge from.
Turns out I typed not 冷蔵庫, reizouku, a fridge. But 隷属, reizoku, slavery. I want to collect his slaves...

:D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

HVC

I had a third of a molar crack off once, so I feel ya. Jaw clenching is not the best stress reliever lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

merithyn

Quote from: HVC on September 19, 2013, 07:58:38 AM
I had a third of a molar crack off once, so I feel ya. Jaw clenching is not the best stress reliever lol

:yes:

I grind my teeth in my sleep. :(

HVC

Mine was at work. Heard a pop and felt the loose tooth piece. Didn't hurt surprisingly, even though the dentin (I think that's the term) was exposed. Dentist said I was lucky not to need a root canal.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Hmm, seems like they're actually building that bridge to Germany. Lovely.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on September 19, 2013, 04:49:56 AM
Next part of the "Brits are stupid because they don`t do stuff like Hungarians" series is: salami.

WTF your supermarkets are selling German and Italian stuff which although acceptable, would barely register on the low end in Hungarian supermarkets. Y U NO EATING PROPER SALAMI!

Tamas, you really need to be doing an AAR or at the very least a thread, about your experiences of coming to the big city.   :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Just one more day 'til Oktoberfest Zinzinnati.  Looks I'll get to see Jim Koch from Samuel Adams and George Takei :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Punch the guy from Sam Adams in the nuts. Hate their commercials.

Punching takei in the nuts is a hate crime.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 09:37:41 AM
Punch the guy from Sam Adams in the nuts. Hate their commercials.

Respect the beer :contract:

I don't care if he has a creepy voice, Jim Koch rules.  And he's a local boy.

QuotePunching takei in the nuts is a hate crime.

Sulu is leading the Chicken Dance :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?