Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 18, 2013, 06:52:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2013, 05:41:30 AM
what could go wrong, right?
Hell if I could afford a house in London or the deposit I'd love a mortgage right now :mellow:

Sadly house prices in London are rising at 10%, around 40% of transactions are cash and by the time I can even think about it we'll probably have far higher interest rates :weep:

You don't need to live in London.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 18, 2013, 06:59:07 AM
That must have been a surprising trip to the lake for those officers.
A '69 Camaro?  Clean the mud and bones and shit out of that car and get it restored, people. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 18, 2013, 07:07:47 AM
Hell if I could afford a house in London or the deposit I'd love a mortgage right now :mellow:

Sadly house prices in London are rising at 10%, around 40% of transactions are cash and by the time I can even think about it we'll probably have far higher interest rates :weep:

I would totally buy one too in London if I could, dude. Rent prices are insane. I would sweat out the mortgage payments until retirement, rent it out, and either live in Bumfucktown, Wales, or go back to Hungary and be a middle class old fart from what some twentysomething who doesn`t know better pays me for my London flat.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2013, 08:03:13 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 18, 2013, 07:07:47 AM

I would totally buy one too in London if I could, dude. Rent prices are insane. I would sweat out the mortgage payments until retirement, rent it out, and either live in Bumfucktown, Wales, or go back to Hungary and be a middle class old fart from what some twentysomething who doesn`t know better pays me for my London flat.

:lol: That's a plan.

I'll continue to enjoy my 900$/month mortgage in the mean time.  ;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

It's not ignorance. There's just not enough houses :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on September 18, 2013, 05:39:54 AM
Yes, I have enough cash to buy a house, but I'd rather hoard it and use cheap debt to make the purchase.

That's not the same thing.  You should take out loans now and do nothing with them.

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 18, 2013, 08:12:51 AM
It's not ignorance. There's just not enough houses :(

It`s kind of odd how you keep around these blocks with the line of identical houses. I mean those are practically one building, pretending to be not. A lot of good space is wasted for nothing apart a joke of a back garden for each "house"

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2013, 07:09:34 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 18, 2013, 06:59:07 AM
That must have been a surprising trip to the lake for those officers.
A '69 Camaro?  Clean the mud and bones and shit out of that car and get it restored, people. :cool:
Spending four decades in the water probably ruined it.  :(

Sheilbh

British people are not rational about houses :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

I wouldn't be able to tolerate my neighbors that close.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 18, 2013, 09:18:13 AM
I wouldn't be able to tolerate my neighbors that close.
We pretend not to be that close, and that's the purpose of the gardens too :blush:

Edit: It's like being on the Tube and not acknowledging each other.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

There would be bodies buried in the garden. I hate neighbors. The movie too. :mad:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 18, 2013, 09:23:46 AM
There would be bodies buried in the garden. I hate neighbors. The movie too. :mad:

Which movie, The Burbs?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

I think he means Neighbors (1981).  A movie that should have been funny as hell, but fell short.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 18, 2013, 09:37:55 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 18, 2013, 09:23:46 AM

Which movie, The Burbs?

THE BURBS IS A CLASSIC.

I'm talking about the old Belushi movie.  :yucky: