And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 05:48:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:46:46 PM
Okay then, you agree with me.  There are certain economic outcomes you believe should be criminalized.  As such you really aren't that different from Warren.

Normally this level of Razishness would not bother me but there are too many other good discussions going on for me to bother right now.

You argued against the principal of criminalizing certain economic outcomes, however you want some economic outcomes to be illegal yourself.  I'm sorry if that bothers you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:55:30 PM
You argued against the principal of criminalizing certain economic outcomes, however you want some economic outcomes to be illegal yourself.  I'm sorry if that bothers you.

What bothers me is you fucking up principle.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2013, 06:04:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:55:30 PM

What bothers me is you fucking up principle.

Sorry.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Jacob

mongers

Oh look what I found:

History of the Scottish Shale Oil Industry.
http://www.scottishshale.co.uk/index.html

I wonder how well this will go down with the anti-fracking shale gas crowd ?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 05:37:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:33:41 PM
Do you believe that public sector unions should be legal or not?

I believe in voluntary association.  You want to form or join a union, knock yourself out.  I also believe in the right of employers to toss employees, organized or not, on the street if they make unreasonable demands.  I also believe public sector unions bribing elected officials for raises is a travesty and should be criminalized.

Okay then, you agree with me.  There are certain economic outcomes you believe should be criminalized.  As such you really aren't that different from Warren.

I don't think Warren really cares about anyone but Warren.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 06:55:30 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 05:37:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:33:41 PM
Do you believe that public sector unions should be legal or not?

I believe in voluntary association.  You want to form or join a union, knock yourself out.  I also believe in the right of employers to toss employees, organized or not, on the street if they make unreasonable demands.  I also believe public sector unions bribing elected officials for raises is a travesty and should be criminalized.

I don't think Warren really cares about anyone but Warren.

Well looks like you have something in common with her as well! 

garbon

Not true. Despite my attitude, I care about lots of people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Just heard on interesting story about airlines on NPR.

Not too long ago (I didn't catch the exact year) airlines used to get 98% of their profit from the actual ticket.  Now it's down to 2/3, the remainder coming from "ancillary fees" (baggage, snacks, headphones, etc.).  One guy claimed that for the price shopping traveller the airline is breaking even on the ticket, or even losing money.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2013, 07:52:12 PM
You mean me, no doubt. :)

Sure, why not? It isn't like we haven't had interactions of some sort for nigh on a decade.

Ideologue

If you really cared about me you wouldn't make me feel so old. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2013, 07:54:52 PM
If you really cared about me you wouldn't make me feel so old. :(

Tough love. If my family had a motto, ours would involve something like that.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall