News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

You know, the more I think of it, I would as well :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 02:12:44 PM
:D

I would vote for anyone the GOP put up over Warren.  Any.  One.
I still can't figure out where this seething rage at Warren is coming from.  :huh:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on September 12, 2013, 02:31:22 PM
I still can't figure out where this seething rage at Warren is coming from.  :huh:

Not rage, Himalayan contempt.  For her equivilation (not a word, should be) of profit and evil, for her wish to criminalize economic outcomes she disapproves of.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 02:36:47 PM

Not rage, Himalayan contempt.  For her equivilation (not a word, should be) of profit and evil, for her wish to criminalize economic outcomes she disapproves of.

I mean, sure, I'd fuck her.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Phillip V

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2013, 07:43:52 AM
I just saw a weird article titled "Elizabeth Warren could be the Howard Dean of 2016"
What does her scream sound like.

garbon

She's dreadful, useless and a distraction.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I was talking with one of the old ladies at a museum function this evening, she was a cryptographer working at Bletchley Park in the war, I didn't quite catch what department she worked in, I think she said either the Lorenz ciphers or diplomatic ones.  She certainly had a rather rum view of today's politicised intelligence work.   
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

She could conceivably affect shareholder value.  That's a big no-no.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 02:36:47 PM

I was under the impression you wanted to criminalize economic outcomes you disapprove of.  For instance, public sector unions.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:28:26 PM
I was under the impression you wanted to criminalize economic outcomes you disapprove of.  For instance, public sector unions.

Oh yeah, I'm all about putting union organizers in prison.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 05:31:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:28:26 PM

Oh yeah, I'm all about putting union organizers in prison.

Do you believe that public sector unions should be legal or not?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:33:41 PM

I believe in voluntary association.  You want to form or join a union, knock yourself out.  I also believe in the right of employers to toss employees, organized or not, on the street if they make unreasonable demands.  I also believe public sector unions bribing elected officials for raises is a travesty and should be criminalized.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 05:37:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:33:41 PM

I believe in voluntary association.  You want to form or join a union, knock yourself out.  I also believe in the right of employers to toss employees, organized or not, on the street if they make unreasonable demands.  I also believe public sector unions bribing elected officials for raises is a travesty and should be criminalized.

Okay then, you agree with me.  There are certain economic outcomes you believe should be criminalized.  As such you really aren't that different from Warren.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:46:46 PM
Okay then, you agree with me.  There are certain economic outcomes you believe should be criminalized.  As such you really aren't that different from Warren.

Normally this level of Razishness would not bother me but there are too many other good discussions going on for me to bother right now.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 05:48:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:46:46 PM

Normally this level of Razishness would not bother me but there are too many other good discussions going on for me to bother right now.

Like who I'd buttfuck throughout history.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive