Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

LOL

QuoteBADGER FACT. Badgers are highly adept at jumping housing waiting lists.

Syt

Doctor: "Do you masturbate a lot?"
Patient: "Yes, why?"
Doctor: "Well, you have to stop."
Patient: "Why's that?"
Doctor: "So I can continue with the examination."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

Professors can be so stupid sometimes.  I'm sorry your laptop is "broken," but there are 200 people in line in front of you.  Some of those people are just as professor-y as you are!  Someone will fix your shit when they can, and no, throwing a fit and being a dumbass about it about it won't help.  Unless I mean "oops that ticket got deleted" when I say "help."  Then, yeah.

lustindarkness

Local news keeps talking about reports of a meteor fireball with sonic boom and all, about 8:30 pm central.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

Kia's new ad campaign seems to be targeting the furry demo.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Just got the results of the Japanese test I took back in July.
ONE FUCKING POINT short of passing.
I was certain I was going to fail, so that should be seen as quite good, but to come so close and to have to do it again....Shitting hell. If only one of my guesses had been slightly different, or maybe I didn't rub out a corrected answer enough? Maybe I should have spied on the Chinese people?- I had one warning to use up before I would be disqualified. Noooooooooooooooo
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2013, 12:22:54 AM
Maybe I should have spied on the Chinese people?- I had one warning to use up before I would be disqualified. Noooooooooooooooo

That's not fair, we give a lot more warnings to the Chinese spying on us.

But, wait, seriously?  In Japan, when you take a test, you get a cheating warning? :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on September 10, 2013, 03:41:45 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2013, 12:22:54 AM
Maybe I should have spied on the Chinese people?- I had one warning to use up before I would be disqualified. Noooooooooooooooo

That's not fair, we give a lot more warnings to the Chinese spying on us.

But, wait, seriously?  In Japan, when you take a test, you get a cheating warning? :lol:
Ninja training. Duh.

The subject matter itself is of no value. The point is to cheat well, and not get caught.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Thomas Bach, corporate lawyer from Germany, is the new president of the IOC.

He will forgo any payment (he's chairman of the board for a market leading wood processing machine producer). He was criticized for having a very lucrative consulting agreement for many years while being part of the IOC with Siemens, one of the technology suppliers of the Olympics (the collaboration has quietly ended). When a reporter asked him about his experience with the alleged systematical doping in West Germany in the 70s, he threatened her with a lawsuit.

He's chairman of n Arab-German trading/networking organization. The support of the Sheikh(?) of Kuwait was seen as instrumental in his election, and there's reports that the Kuwaiti Sheikh had been promising the support for the past decade or so.

Business as usual in the International Olympian Committee.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

QuoteTrip to Utah ends in Boulder with arrest on drunk horseback-riding, animal cruelty charges

A 45-year-old Colorado Springs man is facing charges of drunken horseback riding, animal cruelty and the prohibited use of weapons after University of Colorado police on Monday interrupted what he claimed was a 600-mile journey from Larkspur to Bryce, Utah, to attend a wedding.

Police began receiving calls about Patrick Neal Schumacher's unusual journey around 2:14 p.m., according to CU police spokesman Ryan Huff.

Witnesses said the man later identified as Schumacher and his horse were seen wandering into traffic while riding north on Broadway. They also reported seeing the rider repeatedly hit the horse near Broadway and Baseline Road; police sad the man struck the horse hard enough that it reared up on its hind legs.

police found the would-be cowboy and his horse, Dillon, on University Hill near Broadway and College Avenue.

According to a campus police, Schumacher was slumped over to the right and forcing people off the sidewalks. Officers asked him to dismount and gave him a roadside sobriety test, which Schumacher failed, police said.

Schumacher also had a dog -- a pug named Bufford -- in a backpack, and officers found a small black powder pistol and beer in one of his saddlebags.

According to CU police, when officers asked Schumacher about striking the horse, he told them he was smacking flies off Dillon's head.

Schumacher was arrested on suspicion of charges of animal cruelty, prohibited use of weapons and reckless endangerment, all misdemeanors, as well as riding a horse while under the influence of alcohol, a traffic infraction.

CU police said Schumacher told officers that he was on his way to his brother's wedding, attempting an approximately 600-mile trek to Utah. Schumacher said he'd previously lost his driver's license, so he decided to make the journey by horseback, according to police.

As for Dillon and Bufford, the animals have been impounded with the help of the Boulder Police Department Animal Control Unit, Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, and the Humane Society of Boulder Valley.

Schumacher remained in custody at the Boulder County Jail on Monday night.

A man rides drunk through a university while packing and yet the most surprising thing about this story is that it didn't happen in Florida. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Seriously, what the Dickens is going on in the Rocky Mountains:

QuoteNewlywed wife accused of pushing husband off Montana cliff

A woman in Montana is accused of pushing her husband off a cliff after an argument. The pair had been married for just more than a week.

Jordan Linn Graham made an initial appearance in court Monday to face a charge of second-degree murder. If convicted, she faces life in prison.

According to a criminal complaint, Graham recently told a friend she was having second thoughts about marrying Cody L. Johnson. CNN affiliate KECI reported the couple had been married for just more than a week.

The complaint said the couple argued the night of July 7. Upset, they decided to go hiking in Glacier National Park in Flathead County, Montana, where they continued to fight.

Graham told police that her husband grabbed her by the arm. She turned and removed it.

"Graham stated she could have just walked away, but due to her anger, she pushed Johnson with both hands in the back and as a result, he fell face first off the cliff," the complaint read.

His body was discovered several days later.

Graham's attorney, Michael Donahoe, declined to comment on the case.

According to the complaint, Graham reportedly told a friend she planned to talk with Johnson about her reservations on July 7. The same day, Graham sent the friend a text message saying, "Oh well, I'm about to talk to him."

The friend responded, "I'll pray for you guys."

Graham wrote back: "But dead serious if u don't hear from me at all again tonight, something happened."

We'll continue this discussion on a mountaintop, far away from any witnesses.  :mad:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Person most likely to kill you is an intimate partner or spouse. Be careful who you choose.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on September 10, 2013, 04:49:25 PM
Person most likely to kill you is an intimate partner or spouse. Be careful who you choose.

:menace:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.