News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2013, 07:12:00 PM
I saw a piece on that tonight;  it's a two-way street, but only one lane so there's a level of courtesy required to navigate it.

The fool later took off his shirt and chased the Maltese driver.  That guy is actually a diplomat with the Department of State assigned to Malta;  he has since been recalled.

Seriously?  :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Seriously. US Government has already apologized to Malta.

Apparently that wasn't his first issue with the locals.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2013, 07:38:05 PM
Seriously. US Government has already apologized to Malta.

Apparently that wasn't his first issue with the locals.

:frusty:  Good grief.

CountDeMoney

Obviously Hillary Clinton's fault.  And the bloodlust of Susan Rice and Samantha Power.

Neil

I like CdM's avatar.  Great guy, even if I always liked Spruance better.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Everybody loves Spruance.  The Omar Bradley of the Navy.

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 29, 2013, 07:09:41 PM
Given the number of cars behind the Maltese and the American respectively, I'd guess no. But it could be.

I don't understand what the American representative wanted....

At first I thought it was a comical standoff where neither guy would back up to let the other go first. But then when I saw the line of cars behind the other guy....it seems a small traffic jam would have had to back up to give way to my countryman. I'm not sure how practical it was to insist on that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on August 29, 2013, 08:06:02 PM
I don't understand what the American representative wanted....

At first I thought it was a comical standoff where neither guy would back up to let the other go first. But then when I saw the line of cars behind the other guy....it seems a small traffic jam would have had to back up to give way to my countryman. I'm not sure how practical it was to insist on that.

I figure the convoy after the Malt was a function of the duration of the stand off.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2013, 08:12:26 PM

I figure the convoy after the Malt was a function of the duration of the stand off.

Maybe but then after the convoy started to build up, the American should have seen it was impractical for the way to be given to him.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

sbr

Quote from: alfred russel on August 29, 2013, 08:34:53 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2013, 08:12:26 PM

Maybe but then after the convoy started to build up, the American should have seen it was impractical for the way to be given to him.

He's an American godddammit, what's a small convoy of Maltese cars got to do with anything?

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on August 29, 2013, 06:41:49 PM
An American abroad plays up the stereotype:

http://youtu.be/Z5q3acDm-rw

It's easy to be tough when you are up against the Maltese.  Due to Island dwarfism, the average Maltese man stands only three feet tall.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Agreed.  By the same token the convoy shouldn't have formed up behind a Mexican stand off.  All kinds of moral and ethical failures in this story.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2013, 08:39:33 PM

Agreed.  By the same token the convoy shouldn't have formed up behind a Mexican stand off.  All kinds of moral and ethical failures in this story.
I wonder who was the guidance counselor that thought this guy's personality profile was a good match for diplomatic service.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2013, 08:38:32 PM
Quote from: Josephus on August 29, 2013, 06:41:49 PM
An American abroad plays up the stereotype:

http://youtu.be/Z5q3acDm-rw

It's easy to be tough when you are up against the Maltese.  Due to Island dwarfism, the average Maltese man stands only three feet tall.

You'll make them cross, by george.