News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 25, 2013, 06:26:24 PM
Talking HGTV, I don't understand the American & ROC fascination with On suite bathrooms or rather how guests cannot, under any circumstances crap in the same bathroom that you do.

It's also about not having people outside the door while you're in there, less pressure to hurry up, not having to wait to go yourself, etc. The more bathrooms, the better.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Talking HGTV, I don't understand the American & ROC fascination with On suite bathrooms or rather how guests cannot, under any circumstances crap in the same bathroom that you do.

That & how on, say Property Virgins, existing kitchen appliances seem to be a deal breaker. You are a buying a 500k$ house and there's 2k$ of ugly appliances. Don't buy them!

Does the US HGTV have Deck Wars? That show makes me want to burn down entire forests just to deny them the lumber!

I like the master suite crapper to be mine. I can barely tolerate my wife crapping in it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Only the King should sit on the throne

Ed Anger

It's good to be the king.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2013, 04:12:16 PM
I was actually offered the doc review job before I interviewed with the Korean school.  It did get delayed a few weeks, but it was impressed upon me that it would start soon.

Ah alright.

Quote from: Ideologue on August 24, 2013, 04:12:16 PM
I dunno about a change of scenery.  Seems like running away from myself.  Most of my problems are problems with me.

Perhaps. That said a change of location can also help in changing one's perspective (depending, of course on who you are and your willingness to change. Looking at you, Jos).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on August 25, 2013, 06:35:29 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2013, 05:02:19 PM
Read a review of a book in the NYT comparing educational systems in 3 countries that perform at the top in international rankings.  The explanation it offers for Finland's performance: teaching programs at universities are very competitive and only take top students.
For that restriction to be effective, doesn't that require loads of applicants?  Something else has to be compelling people to try to get in.

I understand the need to have more than 1 bathroom but it doesn't have to be this perfect master suite with the giantest of giant soak bath when you have 2 other bathroom & a powder room in your home.

But, eh, when you suffer from IBS, anything will do.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Not having to smell somebody else's recent shitcloud has always fallen under the 8th Amendment of the US Constitution.

Ed Anger

Only problem with the master suite is when the wife leaves the door open at night and I see her pinching a loaf on the can.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2013, 07:59:49 PM

Not having to smell somebody else's recent shitcloud has always fallen under the 8th Amendment of the US Constitution.

:D

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 25, 2013, 08:01:57 PM
Only problem with the master suite is when the wife leaves the door open at night and I see her pinching a loaf on the can.

That's just wrong.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 25, 2013, 08:01:57 PM

It's not that the magic is gone...it's just that now you know how the rabbit is hidden in the hat.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 25, 2013, 07:55:10 PM
Read a review of a book in the NYT comparing educational systems in 3 countries that perform at the top in international rankings.  The explanation it offers for Finland's performance: teaching programs at universities are very competitive and only take top students.
For that restriction to be effective, doesn't that require loads of applicants?  Something else has to be compelling people to try to get in.

I understand the need to have more than 1 bathroom but it doesn't have to be this perfect master suite with the giantest of giant soak bath when you have 2 other bathroom & a powder room in your home.

I don't know.  Maybe low opportunity cost plays a part.  Pretty flat income distribution in Finland I believe.

Grey Fox

That is not what I quoted, lolz.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 25, 2013, 07:55:10 PM

:unsure: Are people enticed to teach in Finland by giant soak baths?  I'm not sure I catch the point you're making here.