News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Man, I'm glad I stopped listening after 200.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on July 19, 2013, 04:52:39 AM
Most critically acclaimed bands per state:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/a-map-of-all-the-states-and-their-most-critically-acclaimed
:rolleyes: There are a million choices for Kentucky that make more sense than the one they chose.  Bill Monroe?  Rosemary Clooney?  The Judds?  Montgomery Gentry?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I've gotten rid of some hymens in my day. HEY-O!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 19, 2013, 08:05:05 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 19, 2013, 04:52:39 AM
Most critically acclaimed bands per state:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/a-map-of-all-the-states-and-their-most-critically-acclaimed
:rolleyes: There are a million choices for Kentucky that make more sense than the one they chose.  Bill Monroe?  Rosemary Clooney?  The Judds?  Montgomery Gentry?

Ohio should be: BOOTSY
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2013, 08:13:27 AM
I've gotten rid of some hymens in my day. HEY-O!

Hymen? Hell, damned near killed 'em!

derspiess

I'm guessing a majority of the Languish Athiest Bloc would approve of the Freedom From Religion group's effort here:

http://dispatchpolitics.dispatch.com/content/blogs/the-daily-briefing/2013/07/07-17-13-freedom-from-religion.html

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2013, 05:36:50 AM
I had a mild infatuation with Jewel back in the day. Even with her snaggletooth.

Then I heard who will save your soul for the 250th time and my penis fell off.

Yeah, when she was popular with that album I had a thing for her. Sat through all of first Lilith Festival just to see her.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2013, 05:36:50 AM
I had a mild infatuation with Jewel back in the day. Even with her snaggletooth.

Then I heard who will save your soul for the 250th time and my penis fell off.

I liked her in Ride With The Devil.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Just realized Schützenfest is this weekend :punk:

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I had pork knuckle yesterday.

:mmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on July 19, 2013, 09:25:35 AM

:x  :yuk:

I think I'm gonna try vegitarianism for a bit.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on July 19, 2013, 09:25:35 AM

I had Schweinshaxe at the Hofbräuhaus a while back at the insistence of a friend & wished I had gotten the Jägerschnitzel instead.