News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2013, 10:20:55 AM

I guess I specifically meant the "Asian" thing.

I don't think that tends to cause offense. I was more referring to the other groups.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

At least he got the toaster.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I've just read chrome is apparently the most used browser now. How on earth did that happen :huh:
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on July 12, 2013, 08:08:52 AM
I've just read chrome is apparently the most used browser now. How on earth did that happen :huh:

Dunno, but I just got my dad to start using it last week.  He was having problems uploading pictures to an email he was trying to send (via webmail) and it worked with Chrome.  Don't think he realized until then that Explorer wasn't the only browser out there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Glad to see people getting smarter. :thumbsup:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

I still use firefox, too lazy to change, I need my favorites.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Awesome thing about Chrome is that my favorites are always the same between my main PC at home, work, laptop, phone, etc.

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on July 12, 2013, 08:42:36 AM
Awesome thing about Chrome is that my favorites are always the same between my main PC at home, work, laptop, phone, etc.

My android phone tells me that, but the second webpage I ever tried with chrome came up all screwy. No thank you.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 12, 2013, 08:44:52 AM

My android phone tells me that, but the second webpage I ever tried with chrome came up all screwy. No thank you.

Languish always looks that way
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

Quote from: PDH on July 12, 2013, 08:49:42 AM

Languish always looks that way

It was languish. LOL
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

I don't usually use Chrome on my phone, but I can access my Chrome bookmarks through the default android browser.

Capetan Mihali

I was literally proselytized to about Firefox back in 2004, and made that change a few years later, so far so good.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DGuller

:hmm: That's not always a good thing. :unsure: