News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I love job ads like these: "IT Graduate, experience in: Windows, Linux, SQL, half a dozen other applications" Yeah right.

katmai

QuoteFriday has been quite the busy day for Paula Deen ... and not in a good way. First, she was a no-show for her "Today" show appearance, then she made an attempt at an apology for her past racist comments (and more) by posting a video to YouTube. As media outlets began picking up the video, in which she begged forgiveness from everyone from her children to her fans, it was suddenly taken down. But within an hour or so, a new apology video went up. And just as it did, other news broke: The Food Network is firing her.

All of the hubub stems from the recent release of her deposition statements for a discrimination lawsuit made by a former employee. In the deposition, Deen admits to having used the N-word, tolerating racist jokes, and mulling over a wedding in which all of the waiters would be black and dressed as slaves.

In her latest apology video, the 66-year-old sits in an office looking into the camera, and kicking things off with her signature "Hello, y'all." Interestingly, she starts off with an apology about skipping her "Today" appearance.

"I was invited this morning to speak with Matt Lauer about a subject that has been very hurtful for a lot of people and Matt, I have to say I have been physically not able to this morning. The pain has been tremendous that I have caused to myself and to others. So I'm taking this opportunity, now that I have pulled myself together and am able to speak, to offer an apology to those that I have hurt," she says in the 2-minute clip. "I want people to understand that my family and I are not the kind of people that the press is wanting to say we are. The color of your skin, your religion, your sexual preference does not matter, but it's what's in the heart ... and my family and I try to live by that."

Deen continues her apology, ending with "I hope that you forgive me because this comes from the deepest part of my heart...."

Of course, the apology comes too late to salvage her own cooking show. "Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract when it expires at the end of this month," it said in a statement. Deen has been with the network for more than a decade.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

fhdz

Quote from: Tamas on June 21, 2013, 02:27:18 PM
I love job ads like these: "IT Graduate, experience in: Windows, Linux, SQL, half a dozen other applications" Yeah right.

They're all like that now.

Or else they are like "Requires 10 years experience in a myriad of shit" "Salary is $30,000/yr"
and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

Quote from: fhdz on June 21, 2013, 05:13:07 PM

Or else they are like "Requires 10 years experience in a myriad of shit" "Salary is $30,000/yr"

Who the fuck are you?

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2013, 05:20:08 PM
Quote from: fhdz on June 21, 2013, 05:13:07 PM

Who the fuck are you?

Your favorite apostate.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: fhdz on June 21, 2013, 05:21:52 PM
Your favorite apostate.

Is there some significance to the no vowel thing?  Celebrating your inner Pole?

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2013, 05:23:48 PM
Quote from: fhdz on June 21, 2013, 05:21:52 PM
Your favorite apostate.

Is there some significance to the no vowel thing?  Celebrating your inner Pole?

Inner heeb.

Syt

Of course your nick now sounds like a wet fart.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, Chrząszczyżewoszyce powiat Łękołody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ-OvSHaS9w

:lmfao:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

fhdz

Quote from: Syt on June 21, 2013, 10:47:10 PM

Still pronounced the same.

Syt

Quote from: fhdz on June 22, 2013, 11:33:18 AM

I don't see any diacritics. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

fhdz

Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2013, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: fhdz on June 22, 2013, 11:33:18 AM

I don't see any diacritics. :P

Let's not overthink this. :lol:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?